April 15, 2010
Mmmmm. I'm thinking about making fish for dinner tonight. Salmon is a crowd-pleaser in our household. It's tasty (unless you don't like fish) and replete with Omega-3s, which are good for everything from your immune system to your joints.
Salmon with lemon & vegetables
1. Spray or spread a light layer of olive oil into a casserole pan.
2. Chop up onions, carrots and potatoes into chunks. Scatter these on the bottom of the pan.
3. Place the raw salmon on top of the vegetables. Cover with slices of lemons ( I use two lemons.)
4. Season with pepper, fresh dill and a smaller amount of sea salt. If you have some white table wine, go at it!
5. Add one cup of water to the pan.
6. Cover the top of the dish with foil.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
It should be tender and flaky when you take it out. It sort of steams in there, and everything is very flavorful when it's done.