The prospects for new pastors are different from the way they were just a few years ago, as our denomination continues to change with the times. How will your congregation adapt to a changing landscape of church and ministry?
Login or subscribe to download.
Previously, almost any ELCA congregation seeking a pastor could expect to find one. Today congregations have to ask some questions of themselves.
• Does this congregation have a vision for its mission that would engage and interest a new pastor?
• If membership and finances are in decline, what does the future look like and what can be done to grow?
• Can this congregation pay a salary and benefits at a rate that will not adversely affect the pastor's morale or put unnecessary hardship on his or her family? Is support sustainable through the years?
• If there is a need to radically change how the congregation and its pastor function, are members ready to accept the changes when a new pastor arrives?
• Would the congregation be willing to share a pastor with another church or be led by a pastor or layperson without the traditional type of preparation?
© 2014 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers