• A New Kind of Christian by Brian D. McLaren (Jossey-Bass, 2008).
• The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne (Zondervan, 2006).
• Jesus for President by Shane Claiborne and Chris Haw (Zondervan, 2008).
• How Not To Speak of God by Peter Rollins (Paraclete Press, 2006).
• Soul Graffiti by Mark Scandrette (Jossey-Bass, 2008).
• The Abbey
• Church of the Apostles, Seattle
• House for All Sinners and Saints, Denver
Anything by The Cobalt Season or The Restoration Project.
• Instinct: integrated or holistic living.
• K-Pax: building community out of dysfunction.
• Little Miss Sunshine: the messiness of true family.
• Contact: The prospect of less modern approach to spirituality (Matthew McConaughey's character models this).
Joshua Price, abbot (leader) of The Abbey, interviews fellow members of the intentional Lutheran community in Palisades, Calif.
Joshua Price: In what ways have you grown from living in intentional community?
|During a 2009 contemplative retreat, former resident Kenny Duncan and Price's son, Ethan, play in Santa Cruz Bay.|
The rest of this article is only available to subscribers.
© 2014 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers