• Enter the Bible: A social network and resource from Luther Seminary, St. Paul, Minn., for designing personalized Bible study.
• Book of Faith: A place for sharing what is happening across the ELCA in relation to Book of Faith, an initiative to increase biblical literacy and fluency.
• Working Preacher: This networking site is an effort of Working Preacher to create helpful resources and tools for preaching and teaching.
• Luthermergent (Emergent church for Lutherans): A community of friendship, exploration and theological conversation among people interested in emerging churches and faith communities.
• The Lutheran: Follow the magazine on Twitter: @thelutheran. Find The Lutheran on Facebook for breaking news and other features.
Will technology bring us closer together or keep us an electronic arm's length apart?
Login or subscribe to download.
Clint Schnekloth, cover story author, interviews Michael Wright, 30, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Alpharetta, Ga., who blogs about his experience of being a new Lutheran at www.newlutheran.com.
@schnekloth: How did you get started as a new Lutheran and a blogger?
@newlutheran: I was bugging my wife with all my questions. Blogging & social networking became great outlets for me to converse with others.
@schnekloth: What have you learned tweeting and blogging to Lutherans?
@newlutheran: That I'm not alone. It's easy to forget how big and diverse the church is when all you see is your congregation.
@schnekloth: What's your best advice for those just starting to tweet?
@newlutheran: The power of these tools is in their ability to facilitate community. Engage others. Generate discussion. Participate!
@schnekloth: Summarize your best blog post for us.
@newlutheran: One that addressed the need for vision, identity and community when churches use online technologies.
@schnekloth: What does it mean to you to be a new Lutheran? A new Lutheran blogger?
@newlutheran: I think it gives me an inquisitiveness about things some may take for granted.
© 2016 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers