• Enter the Bible: A social network and resource from Luther Seminary, St. Paul, Minn., for designing personalized Bible study.
• Book of Faith: A place for sharing what is happening across the ELCA in relation to Book of Faith, an initiative to increase biblical literacy and fluency.
• Working Preacher: This networking site is an effort of Working Preacher to create helpful resources and tools for preaching and teaching.
• Luthermergent (Emergent church for Lutherans): A community of friendship, exploration and theological conversation among people interested in emerging churches and faith communities.
• The Lutheran: Follow the magazine on Twitter: @thelutheran. Find The Lutheran on Facebook for breaking news and other features.
Facebook is a fabulous tool to help you connect with your past and forge new relationships. But, as with anything, guard against excessive use. Some dos and don'ts:
• Do use it as a spice to update your day-to-day goings-on. If you want to share something that is particularly interesting, funny or insightful, share away. This mode of communication can convey a message that in pre-Facebook days wouldn't have been shared.
• Don't update every last thing you do. This has become a greater problem as Facebook has become available on mobile phones. I don't care what you bought at the grocery store or how big a jerk your boss or teacher is. Sifting through these updates is annoying and potentially awkward if you forgot you "friended" that teacher or boss.
The rest of this article is only available to subscribers.
© 2013 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers