Peace Lutheran Church recently entered into a partnership with St. Thomas Episcopal Church. Both were founded in 1895 in Port Clinton, Ohio, and now share a pastor/priest, Michael Wiechers. The congregations call their relationship E.L.M.S., (Episcopal-Lutheran Ministry Sharing). The arrangement allows them to retain their heritage and identity while sharing community. Bible studies and Sunday school are open to members of both congregations, and on fifth Sundays they worship together.
© 2016 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers