iab-728x90

The Magazine of The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America

iab-728x90

Filling a void

When Emanuel Lutheran Church, Napoleon, Ohio, dedicated its building in 1918, donors' names were included on the stained-glass windows they helped fund. Some 50 years later the names were removed. Member Douglas L. Hoffman missed seeing those names and had an idea to fill the void. He uses glue dots to adhere transparencies of current members' names to the window in honor of special occasions: newly baptized, marriages, anniversaries and birthdays.


Comments



Print subscribers and supporting Web members may comment.

Log in or Subscribe to comment.

text size:

this page: email | print

iab-728x90
September issue

SEPTEMBER issue:

Reinventing Sunday school

More...