• Our Saviour Lutheran Church, Tucson, Ariz., held its annual Keenager
Rally Day, honoring its members who are 70 or older with a midweek
communion service, followed by dinner and a program.
• Once a year Christ Lutheran Church, East Northport, N.Y., moves its Sunday communion service to the Lutheran Center for the Aging in Smithtown, N.Y. The service is a six-year project.
• The Luther League may be history, but it lives on in the hearts of its alumni at Our Savior Lutheran Church, Greeley, Colo. Once a year the church's former Leaguers gather for fellowship, a picnic potluck and a chance to reflect on old times.
• More than 70 members of Grace Lutheran, Hendersonville, N.C., participated in the church's annual Super Saturday Community Service Day. Participants prepared materials for 100 quilts and baked cookies for local shut-ins. Twenty youth collected 50 bags of food and delivered them to the Interfaith Assistance Ministry.
• Hope Lutheran, Hollywood, Calif., hosted its fourth annual AIDS memorial service, an event that began in 1992 when Leanza Cornett, Miss America 1993, addressed the congregation about AIDS care. She sang again at this year's service, which focused on celebrating the small victories won to date, including growing support groups, medical advancements and sustained health for long-term survivors.
• Congregations of the Southeastern Minnesota Synod, eager to help the struggling Kiomboi Lutheran Bible Institute in Tanzania, filled a 20-by-8-by-8-foot container with more than 500 boxes of school supplies, bedding and clothes.
• First Lutheran Church, Jamestown, N.Y., is playing cupid again with its fourth annual "Show your love on Valentine's Day--Love Truck Drive," an outreach project to help restock a local food pantry by Feb. 14.
© 2014 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers