These ELCA-affiliated ministries build community with face-to-face and virtual interaction—connecting across all areas of people’s lives.
• Church of the Beloved, Edmonds, Wash.
• House for all Sinners and Saints, Denver.
• Netzer Co-op, Seguin, Texas.
• The Well of Hope Lutheran Church, Pineville & Charlotte, N.C.
• Mercy Seat, Minneapolis.
• Jacob’s Porch, campus ministry at Ohio State University, Columbus.
• Church of the Apostles, Seattle.
• Jacob’s Well, Minneapolis.
• Shekinah Chapel, Chicago.
Other emerging ministries are (or soon will be) under way in: Detroit; Nashua, N.H.; Waterfront, N.J.; San Antonio; Buffalo, N.Y.; and Champlain, Minn.
Even as we adjust to new realities and cultures, we remain rooted in the confessions of the Lutheran church and the insights that sparked the Reformation 500 years ago. Today's emergent churches are the latest expression of this dynamic.
Login or subscribe to download.
Age of community: 10 years.
|Kenna Stephens (from left); Mary, Liz and Elijah Dayton; Steve Metzger and daughter, Lily, listen to the children’s message at Spirit Garage in Minneapolis.|
© 2016 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers