Around 1904, Bigwoods Lutheran, Oslo, Minn., began years of talks that resulted in five congregations forming a parish along the Red River near the Minnesota and North Dakota border. Of the original five, Bigwoods and Zion remain to celebrate 100 years of continuous parish partnership.
An ELCA Small Town and Rural Ministry Alliance group is searching for other congregations that have been continuously in partnership for the longest. It also seeks stories—recent and historical—that reflect how congregations have shared staff and programming through parish cooperation.
Send to: STaR Ministry Cooperative Ministry Affinity Group, EOCM/ELCA, 8765 Higgins Rd., Chicago, IL 60631, or e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some results will appear in The Lutheran.
© 2016 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers