Is self-care selfish?
As Christians, we understand the value of rules to guide us in living a life of faith. Maintaining health and wholeness is essential in making the most of the life we were given. Here are some suggestions for being intentional about your health and wellness.
1. Love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.
2. Love your neighbor as you love yourself; be an example of self-care as well as caring for others.
3. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy; be intentional about time for rest and renewal within your week, church year and life in ministry.
4. Honor your body as a gift from God and temple of the Holy Spirit. Feed it healthy foods, and build your physical and emotional endurance with regular physical activity.
5. Honor your mother, father, siblings, spouse, and/or children with your love, respect and time.
6. Reflect your faith and use your gifts in your vocation.
7. Develop healthy habits to keep your wholeness wheel in balance and to be fit for a ministry of servanthood.
8. Equip yourself to use your gifts effectively to proclaim and live out the gospel in the world.
9. Practice and seek forgiveness.
10. Pray daily.
© 2016 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers