Tips for helping the bereaved
- Write a short condolence note and share a personal memory of the deceased.
- Call and visit often.
- Recognize that recovery takes time.
- Listen with your heart.
- Encourage the grieving to accept all of their feelings.
- Resist any temptation to recite clichés such as "I know how you feel."
- Make specific invitations and try other occasions if they refuse.
- Urge caution concerning hasty decisions.
- Keep them in your prayers.
this page: email | print
We also publish:
© 2015 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers