ELCA World Hunger Packet—Contains samples of materials interpreting the hunger program and the needs of hungry people (free; 800-638-3522).
The following are available from Augsburg Fortress, Publishers, at (800) 328-4648.
- Catalog of ELCA Hunger Resources for 1998-99—Lists all ELCA hunger materials and material from Lutheran World Relief, Church World Service, Women of the ELCA, Alternatives and the Lutheran Office for Governmental Affairs (free).
- ELCA Hunger Basics—Four-color bulletin insert explaining the ELCA Hunger Program, how it spends its monies and stories about those it helps (free; order in multiples of 50).
- Hunger: A 40-Day Journey—A calendar for adults and children, giving opportunities to pray, discuss, learn together and give to the hungry (free).
- Real Meal Deal—New event planning guide for young people, includes Bible stories, worship ideas, awareness activities, fund-raising ideas and service opportunities (free).
- Videos—Silent Plea: Inside North Korea's Famine. What's happening and what Lutheran hunger ministry is doing about it (10 minutes). Angola's Piecemakers: The Quilt. Travel to Angola with an LWR quilt from Minnesota (28 minutes). (Both are free; 800-597-5972.)
For questions, donations or information about other resources, write or phone:
- ELCA World Hunger Appeal, 8765 W. Higgins Road, Chicago, IL 60631-4183; (800) 638-3522, Ext. 2764; Web site: www.elca.org/hunger. The hunger appeal office also has material on LWR and the Lutheran World Federation.
- Lutheran World Relief, 390 Park Ave. S., New York, NY 10016-8803; (800) LWR-LWR2; Web site:
- Church World Service, Box 968, Elkhart, IN 46515; (800) 297-1516; Web site: www.ncccusa.org/cws.