What are you thankful for? Friends? Family? Cookies? Toys? God gives us a lot of gifts for which we can give thanks. For our "Youngchurch" contest, design a greeting card telling us what you're thankful for.
At the end of the contest, we'll share your cards with people who would like a Thanksgiving Day message. And we'll send finalists a "Youngchurch" globe beach ball.
• Design a card that finishes this sentence: "God, thank you for ...." Cards should be no bigger than 8 1/2-by-11 inches. Use markers, crayons, colored pencils or paint. White or light paper works best.
• Have fun; let your creativity run wild.
• Neatly print your name and age, along with your church's name and address, on the back of your card.
• Entries will be reviewed on originality and design and by age group.
• Send entries by Sept. 11 to "Youngchurch," The Lutheran, 8765 W. Higgins Rd., Chicago IL 60631-4183.
© 2016 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers