Augsburg Fortress, Publishers, board. Columbia, S.C., April 23-25.
• Directed the president and CEO to "take immediate steps to standardize and reinforce compliance with and accountability for business practices" in the publishing house, including inventory control, outside vendors, internal auditing, and accounting and purchasing.
• Asked its executive committee to consider creation of the position of chief operating officer.
• Passed unanimously a business ethics policy for the house.
• Heard that the final audit for 1997 will be delayed until at least the end of May. Sales for 1997 were down from the previous year.
• Discussed the strategy of placing bookstores at seminaries. Currently the house has bookstores at seminaries in Columbia, S.C.; Columbus, Ohio; Philadelphia; Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico; and Saskatoon, Saskatoon, Canada. It will partner with the bookstore at Luther Seminary, St. Paul, Minn., beginning in June.
© 2014 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers