Board of Pensions trustees
Minneapolis, Nov. 3-5
* Adopted a new pension strategy, effective in 2003, that will consolidate the regular and optional pension plans; offer more investment options; add more flexible retirement options; and include an education program to help members become more financially literate.
* Approved a 2001 budget of $50.6 million.
* Heard about a proposed full-time staff person, to be located in the ELCA Division for Ministry but funded by the pension unit, who will direct a health and wellness project.
* Learned preliminary details of a return-to-work pilot project to support plan members on disability as they return to active employment.
Augsburg Fortress, Publishers, board
Minneapolis, Oct. 12-14
* Adopted a strategy to acquire related businesses, evaluating companies for acquisition using such criteria as identity, mission, theological integrity and market need.
* Endorsed a management proposal to form "iAFP," a separate not-for-profit corporation to house the publisher's Internet operations.
© 2013 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers