Fourteen projects created and produced by the ELCA marketing communications staff received DeRose/Hinkhouse Memorial Communications Awards from the Religion Communicators Council in early April in these categories:
• Social media campaign: best of class and award of excellence for Facebook Advent Campaign; certificate of merit for Facebook ELCA 25th anniversary campaign.
• Social media strategy: award of excellence for ELCA Churchwide Assembly social media strategy.
Public relations material
• Booklet: award of excellence for “Stewards of God’s Love — A year-round guide to stewardship in your congregation.”
• Special issue publication: certificate of merit for “Stories of Faith in Action.”
• Advertisement, single issue: award of excellence for “Your Passion” (ELCA Foundation).
• Advertisement, series: certificate of merit for “A life of ministry” (ELCA Fund for Leaders).
• Advertisement, series: certificate of merit for World Hunger ad series.
Writing for publication
• Newspaper or magazine news, series: award of excellence for “ELCA elects its first female presiding bishop.”
• Newspaper feature, single story: award of excellence for “ELCA young adults land on their feet.”
Graphic design, art and photography
• Website design: Award of excellence for www.ELCA.org.
Public relations/advertising campaign
• Integrated marketing campaign: certificate of merit for ELCA Fund for Leaders’ integrated campaign.
• Website: award of excellence for www.ELCA.org.
Women of the ELCA received eight RCC awards in these categories:
• Awards of excellence for “Bold Connections,” an e-newsletter, and “Café,” an electronic magazine. Café podcasts received a certificate of merit.
• Certificates of merit for “Interchange” and “Intercambio” newsletters.
• Award of excellence for “Daily Grace,” a promotional card for the organization’s smartphone app.
• Certificate of merit for “a place for you” brochure.
• Award of excellence for the Ninth Triennial Gathering campaign.
The rest of this article is only available to subscribers.
© 2016 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers