With the signing of the new tax bill, taxpayers are scheduled to receive rebate checks of $300 to $600 beginning this month.
The Upstate New York Synod assembly suggests that church members give all or part of their rebate to the ELCA World Hunger Appeal. In that spirit, consider a few options:
• $10 — one day's food for 40 refugee children.
• $25 — 50 pounds of seed corn in Honduras.
# $30 — 84 fruit trees in Kenya.
• $50 — maize, beans and groundnut seeds for five Mozambican families to plant.
• $100 protects four acres of West African land with dikes for water conservation.
• $250 provides five alpacas in Peru.
© 2015 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers