• The Association of Lutheran Resource Centers: Congregationally based resource centers may join and have access to its e-newsletter Loaves and Fishes.
• ALRC blog: postings by resource ministry directors and others.
• Directory: resource centers, listed by synod.
Editor's note: This article accompanies "Resource Center 2.0," a feature about the ELCA's 76 resource centers. Read on to find out what one ELCA resource center director does during a typical workday.
8 a.m.: Check email.
• Email from adult education director seeking advice about a six-week, video-based study. Investigate options that meet their needs; reply with list of possible titles and descriptions.
|Fink is director of the Heilig Resource Center located in the North Carolina Synod office in Salisbury.
• Email from pastor in California looking for a kit she saw on our Web catalog — would we loan? Reply with our out-of-synod borrowing policy.
• Email from a pastor asking for a due date extension for a book he's reading. Reply "yes"; enter later due date in resource center software.
• Email from a worship and music committee chair asking for organist compensation information. Reply with link to Association of Lutheran Resource Centers website, link to our synod's compensation guidelines and more.
The rest of this article is only available to subscribers.
© 2016 Augsburg Fortress, Publishers