iab-728x90

The Magazine of The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America

iab-728x90

Ringing out the faith

Germans ring handbells donated by California congregation

At the Wittenberg, Germany, church where in 1517 Martin Luther nailed the 95 Theses to the door, Erika Elbe (left), Cordula Hulbrig and Christina Zimmermann ring two octaves of handbells donated by Paradise [Calif.] Lutheran Church.

Courtesy of Nancy Schmitt<BR><BR>Part of the New Castle Church Handbell Choir, the women took part in a handbells workshop led by St. James Lutheran Church and First Presbyterian Church Carillons Handbell Choir of Redding, Calif.

The Americans traveled to Wittenberg in June to train adults and youth in the basics of ringing.


Comments



Print subscribers and supporting Web members may comment.

Log in or Subscribe to comment.

text size:

this page: email | print

iab-728x90
September issue

SEPTEMBER issue:

Reinventing Sunday school

More...