iab-728x90

The Magazine of The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America

iab-728x90

Back to school

Then, students carried lunch pails

Photo courtesy archives of the ELCA

In 1953, children at Bethany Indian Mission, Wittenberg, Wis., carried their lunch pails to school.

Run by the Evangelical Lutheran Church (formerly the Norwegian Lutheran Church of America), the mission closed in 1955. 


Comments



Print subscribers and supporting Web members may comment.

Log in or Subscribe to comment.

text size:

this page: email | print

iab-728x90
December issue

DECEMBER issue:

Advent: Waiting together

More...