Julie B. Sevig
When I'm not working, I'm at home with my partner, Michelle, and our children Peder, 7, and Oliver and Annika, 4, and two kitties. Our lives our centered by our community of faith: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (two blocks west of Wrigley Field ). We love our church and are so proud of the ELCA! Every time I pick up the newest issue of our magazine, I'm reminded how thankful I am to be part of this church.
I've also written two books: Peanut Butter and Jelly Prayers (Morehouse, 2007) — table prayers for families with young children; and Laughing with Lutherans (Skandisk, Inc., 2008), 20 years of the best of the The Lutheran's "Light side" page that I also have the good pleasure to edit.
Articles by Julie B. Sevig:
- Bugs & boogie-woogie
- Five minutes with the Divine
- What’s the buzz?
This congregation in Washington, D.C., will tell you
- ‘The best conversation ever’
Lutherans lead in advance directives
- Readers ramp it up on fifth Sundays
- Bless this skier
- A certificate to cherish
- Lenten ‘Hunger Hunt’
Chicago kids hunt for, and buy, animals
- Pack the pew
- Art as Lenten discipline
- Joy to the world all year round
- A profitable pairing
Chili & snowmobiling
- Not a cradle Lutheran?
- Super Roll Sunday
- Operation Christmas
In Hayward, Wis., more than 800 will receive Lutheran cheer
- ‘Good for Your Sole Sunday’
- Trinity Growers: Ready for harvest
- Catchy adult education
- Giving thanks — and good gifts
- Making malaria known
- A mission ‘trip’ that stays home
- Sending moms & kids to camp
- A barrel of blessings
- With God we can!
- VBS with a twist
- Hymnals to angels
- Family business
Father, daughter serve as lay leaders in Montana, New York
- Summertime Jesus
- Pillows for patients
- Diaper Depot
- ‘S’ is for service
In Omaha, what was once VBS is now LYSO
- Just One More rescues food & souls
- Brats N More
- Soon it will be time to 'Prepent'
- In S.C., Easter means worship on the beach, pancakes
- Cookies for inmates
- Use Lent to count blessings and coins
- For these pastors a name is (usually) a good fit
- Ashes at the train stop
- Livestock instead of lilies
- ‘Billies for Goats’
- Go, sow! Sow! Go!
Eaton installed as presiding bishop in joyful, emotional service
- Reader call: Pastor Hope?
- Memorials address immigration, communion, violence & more
- Boerger elected on fifth ballot
Serves up ‘yummy’ parts of ELCA Constitution
- ELCA ‘made new’
Dramatic elections, campaign highlight Pittsburgh gathering
- Malaria Campaign passes halfway mark
- Fundraising campaign approved
The first of its kind in the ELCA
- Hearing the cries
‘Yes’ to criminal justice, other actions
- Faith leaders extend best wishes to ELCA
Blogs by Julie B. Sevig: (Read All)
- The habit of forgiveness
- From generation to generation
- A 236-word blog
- Going without
- Books build community
- From Oprah to NPR
- Delight in the 'little stories'
- Greed or chance?
- Grieving "The Times"
- A not-so-grave tradition
- Home funerals?
- Here's $210 million; now leave!
- A cartoon Christmas
- Searching for Christmas
- Thankful for... diversity and welcome!
- Thankful for...Dove?
- It costs HOW MUCH?
- This movement has me seeing (RED)
- Go see "Jesus Camp"
- Raising prayers & glasses
- Who's Craig?
- All Things Accordion
- Good-bye Katie
- Thanks for writing
- Feliz Syttende Mai
- They're ours!
- Cover saint
- Royal & Lutheran
- An Easter Shout-out
- It's spring: clean!
- This week: Plant a seed!
- Let's hear it for the monkey and the man in the yellow hat
- Telling the stories; praising the pastors
- Learning from Lucky Lindsey
- Bono's best sermon yet
- Monday morning quarterbacking
- What do you want to BE?
- When all you can do is pray...and learn.
- Giving thanks for what matters
- Taking care of the pastors
- 'Call Connie'
- In the middle of the night
- For the animals: A Loud Amen!
- A fresh start
- The more things change, the more they...stay the same?
- A ministry of presence from afar
- Summer friends
- Learning from the protestors...to love this church.
- Forever 18
- It's the only thing to do...