I'm an associate editor for The Lutheran. I also serve as editor of The Little Lutheran and its sister publication, The Little Christian. Both are intended to nurture the faith of people aged 6 and younger. Check it out, subscribe and let us know what you think. Amber Leberman (who art directs the children's magazines) and I are open to making changes based on your suggestions.
My favorite part of this calling is leaving my desk to visit other ELCA members who serve in congregations and church-related ministries. I enjoy hearing about their vocations, joys, challenges, and how Christ keeps them going.
I attend Holy Family Lutheran Church in Chicago, with my two sons, ages 6 and 3, who love stories, music and the church—just like their mom.
Articles by Elizabeth Hunter:
- Seminary, synod make ‘mission possible’
Renovation effort warms homes and hearts
- Ten years after the tsunami
- Repair, rebuild, restore
Six generations gather for ninth Women of the ELCA triennial
- The first 100 days
Bishop Eaton shares her vision for the church
- Is ‘Allah’ exclusively for Muslims?
Malaysian Christians face religious freedom issue
- ELCA campaign underway
- ‘Love shouldn’t hurt’
Empowering domestic violence survivors
- Why not child sponsorship?
Here’s why ELCA World Hunger practices accompaniment
- Hopes high for year-end World Hunger push
- Luther’s enduring legacy
ELCA colleges, universities help the church cultivate a sense of vocation
- Helping students find jobs
With a sense of vocation, ELCA schools go beyond basic career services
- Making seminary debt manageable
ELCA Stewards of Abundance tries targeted scholarships
- Go, sow! Sow! Go!
Eaton installed as presiding bishop in joyful, emotional service
- A new presiding bishop
Eaton first woman to hold post, looks to sharpen message, open doors
- Cookie hospitality
- Memorials address immigration, communion, violence & more
- Boerger elected on fifth ballot
Serves up ‘yummy’ parts of ELCA Constitution
- ELCA ‘made new’
Dramatic elections, campaign highlight Pittsburgh gathering
- Malaria Campaign passes halfway mark
- Fundraising campaign approved
The first of its kind in the ELCA
- Hearing the cries
‘Yes’ to criminal justice, other actions
- Faith leaders extend best wishes to ELCA
- Hanson urges ELCA to add to book of Acts
- A farewell
- Pet of the Year
- Paperless in Pittsburgh
2013 Churchwide Assembly will elect presiding bishop, secretary and more
- Seminaries provide free financial coaching
- In a new key
Ecumenical effort supports music and worship leaders
- Favorite hymns
Readers say sacred songs made the difference
- Meet a hymnwriter
Susan Cherwien shares ‘old truths in new words’
- A tale of two seminarians
The economy of theological education, then and now
- ‘Mighty Fortress’ not a tavern song
Separating fact from fiction
- Care without walls
Lutheran agency helps Ohio seniors recuperate
- On each shelf, many stories
ELCA Archives show the life of the church, then and now
- ELCA response to Sandy will continue ...'Until the work is done'
- Faith & criminal justice
Task force members share their hopes
- LSTC welcomes Valparaiso campus
Follows the trend of ELCA seminary and college partnerships
- Vacation Bible or Sunday school, Tanganyika-style
In 1962, Tanzania was still named Tanganyika
- Two rabbits for two neighbors
Children of Lutheran pastors enjoyed playing together
- Lutheran hospital's gift horse
Norwegian deaconess drove a clever bargain
- ELCA senior living sparks imaginations
Art and drama programs help those with Alzheimer's and dementia share their memories
- It's smart to 'Be Well'
This S.C. Lutheran retirement community strengthens seniors
- The Little Lutheran, then and now
Two different issues, 60 years apart
- What do you know about criminal justice?
Read the ELCA's draft social statement, ready March 15
- Now the zampoña, charango, flauta and bombo!
Peruvian Lutherans strike a chord in their neighborhood
- Community connections
ELCA colleges make life better for their neighbors
- Convention business
New leaders elected, budget approved
- Women of the ELCA respond
... by making room for newcomers, healing, prophecy and action
- Gettysburg, Luther & Odyssey join forces
- Papua New Guinea: Leadership & mission
Blogs by Elizabeth Hunter: (Read All)
- Summer family
- Father's Day immigration debate
- What does our brand of Lutheranism say?
- Lawrence Clark to direct Lutheran Theological Center in Atlanta
- Immigrants built Augustana Lutheran Church (Andover, Ill.) to last
- Where moms have it best
- ELCA congregation's chimes disturb, delight Duluth neighbors
- Where pastors and imams 'bend it like Beckham'
- 'Something different' about this congregation's furniture, worship
- What you have first given us
- ELCA Montana Synod: Nguyen embodies spirit of hope
- May Day
- Texas Lutheran University receives $1.4 million from AT&T
- A cousin, a comment, some bishoply calls....and now we have a Nobel Peace Prize Forum
- What I learned in first communion class
- Praying with our eyes open
- Immigration: Should we care?
- ELCA endowment gives $75,000 to a Chicago community center
- Waldorf College students volunteer in Gulf Coast
- County mistake taxes Atlanta congregation
- St. Olaf College president to lead Moravian college & seminary
- Midwest tornadoes
- Thick skin
- Update: Tsunami relief continues
- Where the cafeteria ladies only serve porridge
- Hello, nanotech
- Group begins work on ELCA social statement on human sexuality
- Lutheran bishop Munib Younan condemns cartoons, violence
- Words like permalink
- After Hamas' victory, Lutheran bishop tells Christians not to panic
- Danish rye bread
- Read those annual report forms carefully
- Grand Canyon Synod bishop resigns over sexual misconduct
- LSS of Austin receives $1 million grant
- Jesus spammed me today
- Huh? Christmas worship not life-style friendly?
- World AIDS Day
- Five hours is a long time when you're 1
- Poster children
- Need a little upside-down?
- Big city care
- Please, no more cheese
- A new list
- Who have you met?
- Poor bird
- Stuck on something sticky
- Katrina hits us, too, right in the heart
- Hair-raising, taming tales of my Iraqi hairdresser
- What do some prisoners, science educators and VBS students have in common?