Julie B. Sevig
When I'm not working, I'm at home with my partner, Michelle, and our children Peder, 7, and Oliver and Annika, 4, and two kitties. Our lives our centered by our community of faith: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (two blocks west of Wrigley Field ). We love our church and are so proud of the ELCA! Every time I pick up the newest issue of our magazine, I'm reminded how thankful I am to be part of this church.
I've also written two books: Peanut Butter and Jelly Prayers (Morehouse, 2007) — table prayers for families with young children; and Laughing with Lutherans (Skandisk, Inc., 2008), 20 years of the best of the The Lutheran's "Light side" page that I also have the good pleasure to edit.
Articles by Julie B. Sevig:
- T-shirt transformation
- Calling all plungers
Montana congregations call middle-schoolers into summer service
- Fifth Sunday options
- Hymn of the month club
Congregation writes songs on kids' hearts
- Sacred Leaf
- Sound ministry
Young people hear the call loud and clear in Northfield, Minn.
- A ministry metaphor
In this community, building walls had a way of breaking them down
- Appreciating blue
- Sewing for school
- No job too big, no job too small
In D.C., Reformation Lutheran 'reforms' homes each spring
- Goat incentive
Congregation uses 'Good Gifts' as Lenten discipline
- Transfigured jazz
Mardi Gras, love celebrated each February
- Shining a light on Epiphany
- Nothing shady about Schadé wine
South Dakota vintners host a harvest of tender moments
- A Christmas Lovefeast
Celebrating with coffee, bread & song
- Pure Joy
Rancher's decision to share her land changes lives
Michigan congregations love a good bus ride
- Leading through service
Young adults choose volunteer opportunities over worship
- Agnes would have said 'yes'
... to a baptism and a funeral
- Dollar by dollar
... drives them toward New Orleans
- Paper pantry
Michigan church fills a niche need
- A resurrection story
As one church closes, another rises from the ashes
- Cross your heart
and keep a secret
- A beacon of peace, welcome
Men from group home are 'part of the family'
- Give 'joy' this season
First, recycle a building; second, restore Christmas
- Gifts to remember
Memories show the value of simplicity in our giving
- 'Holy Hot Dish'
Serving meals makes sister congregations grow
- Knit one, give too
Musical reflects the joy of giving
- And a pluck, and a strike and a blow ...
It's the St. Luke Bottle Band
- A miracle in Kansas
Dwell in the word, then in the kitchen
- It's about grace
From childhood into retirement, pastor has penned welcome
- Promoting health
Following these steps could save clergy-parishioner relationships
- Bullying the pastor
Incivility is on the rise — in congregations too
- Celebrating Valentine's Day
Congregations go caroling, renew vows & dance
- Making a 'stand' for Scripture
Every family at Minnesota congregation gets a Bible holder
- Feed the call committee
"Being together for that meal every week helped"
- A few minutes with Elizabeth A. Platz
On being the first ordained Lutheran woman
- Dressing space & servants
Women bound by friendship lift liturgical arts
- Watch Night
Congregation marks New Year with worship
- Counting the days of Advent
Here are some ways mark the season in your congregation
- 'A crazy idea' with walls
Luther's Table: coffeehouse by day, pub by night
- Dancing around the 'Bend'
In this small Minnesota town, folks embrace change
- A dance of popularity
"JK Wedding Entrance Dance" video continues to make waves
- A place apart
Camps keep the faith while keeping up with the times
- Your camping stories
Tales of faith, love and vocation
- 'Camp changed my life'
Gather around the campfire for some good old memories
- Hagan Hags respond, reunite
Camp Hagen women celebrate 70 years
- Tales from the church office
- Going 3 deep
In New England, they're studying '40 days, 3 persons, 1 God'
Blogs by Julie B. Sevig: (Read All)
- Money, money, where to put the money?
- Are you a nomophobe?
- A middle class state of mind
- Fellow member arrested in Pa. church shooting
- Parenting coaches: paid and unpaid
- Five years later...
- For all things green
- Tell them you love them
- Souper news
- Think summer!
- That's some new member class
- Blessings & curse of the Internet
- Sitting in the right pew
- The gifts in, and of, one another
- Smile, it's Advent!
- Giving thanks for the harvest & the farmers!
- Cheers & gratitude!
- Building community
- Funeral held for Twin Cities nanny
- Rites of fall
- You're more than your photo
- A year of...
- Dancing danes...and so much more
- Kid nation?
- In praise of song & story
- It's lefse season!
- Small Lutheran world
- Move over ELW
- ELCA member among the dead
- Call for prayers in Minneapolis-St. Paul
- My heart's in Minnesota
- Prodigy or just faithful parenting?
- Scandal in Chicago
- Tolling the bell for peace
- The fabric of our lives
- Tending souls...
- A Pentecost Moment
- Making connections, giving thanks
- Don't forget to sing!
- For all the other mothers
- The habit of forgiveness
- From generation to generation
- A 236-word blog
- Going without
- Books build community
- From Oprah to NPR
- Delight in the 'little stories'
- Greed or chance?
- Grieving "The Times"
- A not-so-grave tradition