Julie B. Sevig
When I'm not working, I'm at home with my partner, Michelle, and our children Peder, 7, and Oliver and Annika, 4, and two kitties. Our lives our centered by our community of faith: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (two blocks west of Wrigley Field ). We love our church and are so proud of the ELCA! Every time I pick up the newest issue of our magazine, I'm reminded how thankful I am to be part of this church.
I've also written two books: Peanut Butter and Jelly Prayers (Morehouse, 2007) — table prayers for families with young children; and Laughing with Lutherans (Skandisk, Inc., 2008), 20 years of the best of the The Lutheran's "Light side" page that I also have the good pleasure to edit.
Articles by Julie B. Sevig:
- Livestock instead of lilies
- ‘Billies for Goats’
- Go, sow! Sow! Go!
Eaton installed as presiding bishop in joyful, emotional service
- Reader call: Pastor Hope?
- A new presiding bishop
Eaton first woman to hold post, looks to sharpen message, open doors
- Cookie hospitality
- Memorials address immigration, communion, violence & more
- Boerger elected on fifth ballot
Serves up ‘yummy’ parts of ELCA Constitution
- ELCA ‘made new’
Dramatic elections, campaign highlight Pittsburgh gathering
- Malaria Campaign passes halfway mark
- Fundraising campaign approved
The first of its kind in the ELCA
- Hearing the cries
‘Yes’ to criminal justice, other actions
- Faith leaders extend best wishes to ELCA
- Hanson urges ELCA to add to book of Acts
- A farewell
- VBS for grown-ups?
Coffee and Kool-Aid at this Ohio church
- Holy time with elders
- Girl power
- These boots are made for blessing
- Goody bags
- A spirited kick-start to a new year
- You bless what?
From Atlantic to Pacific … blessings abound
- Message from teenager’s life & death is clear: Love
- Calling all plungers
Montana congregations call middle-schoolers into summer service
- T-shirt transformation
- Fifth Sunday options
- Sound ministry
Young people hear the call loud and clear in Northfield, Minn.
- A ministry metaphor
In this community, building walls had a way of breaking them down
- Appreciating blue
- Hymn of the month club
Congregation writes songs on kids' hearts
- Sacred Leaf
- No job too big, no job too small
In D.C., Reformation Lutheran 'reforms' homes each spring
- Sewing for school
- Goat incentive
Congregation uses 'Good Gifts' as Lenten discipline
- Transfigured jazz
Mardi Gras, love celebrated each February
- Shining a light on Epiphany
- A Christmas Lovefeast
Celebrating with coffee, bread & song
- Nothing shady about Schadé wine
South Dakota vintners host a harvest of tender moments
- Pure Joy
Rancher's decision to share her land changes lives
Michigan congregations love a good bus ride
- Leading through service
Young adults choose volunteer opportunities over worship
- Dollar by dollar
... drives them toward New Orleans
- Agnes would have said 'yes'
... to a baptism and a funeral
- Paper pantry
Michigan church fills a niche need
- A resurrection story
As one church closes, another rises from the ashes
- A beacon of peace, welcome
Men from group home are 'part of the family'
- Cross your heart
and keep a secret
- Give 'joy' this season
First, recycle a building; second, restore Christmas
- Gifts to remember
Memories show the value of simplicity in our giving
Blogs by Julie B. Sevig: (Read All)
- Money, money, where to put the money?
- Are you a nomophobe?
- A middle class state of mind
- Fellow member arrested in Pa. church shooting
- Parenting coaches: paid and unpaid
- Five years later...
- For all things green
- Tell them you love them
- Souper news
- Think summer!
- That's some new member class
- Blessings & curse of the Internet
- Sitting in the right pew
- The gifts in, and of, one another
- Smile, it's Advent!
- Giving thanks for the harvest & the farmers!
- Cheers & gratitude!
- Building community
- Funeral held for Twin Cities nanny
- Rites of fall
- You're more than your photo
- A year of...
- Dancing danes...and so much more
- Kid nation?
- In praise of song & story
- It's lefse season!
- Small Lutheran world
- Move over ELW
- ELCA member among the dead
- Call for prayers in Minneapolis-St. Paul
- My heart's in Minnesota
- Prodigy or just faithful parenting?
- Scandal in Chicago
- Tolling the bell for peace
- The fabric of our lives
- Tending souls...
- A Pentecost Moment
- Making connections, giving thanks
- Don't forget to sing!
- For all the other mothers
- The habit of forgiveness
- From generation to generation
- A 236-word blog
- Going without
- Books build community
- From Oprah to NPR
- Delight in the 'little stories'
- Greed or chance?
- Grieving "The Times"
- A not-so-grave tradition