Julie B. Sevig
When I'm not working, I'm at home with my partner, Michelle, and our children Peder, 7, and Oliver and Annika, 4, and two kitties. Our lives our centered by our community of faith: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (two blocks west of Wrigley Field ). We love our church and are so proud of the ELCA! Every time I pick up the newest issue of our magazine, I'm reminded how thankful I am to be part of this church.
I've also written two books: Peanut Butter and Jelly Prayers (Morehouse, 2007) — table prayers for families with young children; and Laughing with Lutherans (Skandisk, Inc., 2008), 20 years of the best of the The Lutheran's "Light side" page that I also have the good pleasure to edit.
Articles by Julie B. Sevig:
- 10w The way to start your day
- Five minutes with the Divine
- What’s the buzz?
This congregation in Washington, D.C., will tell you
- Bugs & boogie-woogie
- Readers ramp it up on fifth Sundays
- Bless this skier
- ‘The best conversation ever’
Lutherans lead in advance directives
- Lenten ‘Hunger Hunt’
Chicago kids hunt for, and buy, animals
- A certificate to cherish
- Art as Lenten discipline
- Pack the pew
- Joy to the world all year round
- Not a cradle Lutheran?
- Super Roll Sunday
- A profitable pairing
Chili & snowmobiling
- ‘Good for Your Sole Sunday’
- Trinity Growers: Ready for harvest
- Operation Christmas
In Hayward, Wis., more than 800 will receive Lutheran cheer
- Giving thanks — and good gifts
- Making malaria known
- Catchy adult education
- Sending moms & kids to camp
- A mission ‘trip’ that stays home
- A barrel of blessings
- VBS with a twist
- Hymnals to angels
- Family business
Father, daughter serve as lay leaders in Montana, New York
- With God we can!
- Pillows for patients
- Summertime Jesus
- ‘S’ is for service
In Omaha, what was once VBS is now LYSO
- Just One More rescues food & souls
- Diaper Depot
- Soon it will be time to 'Prepent'
- Brats N More
- In S.C., Easter means worship on the beach, pancakes
- Cookies for inmates
- Ashes at the train stop
- Use Lent to count blessings and coins
- For these pastors a name is (usually) a good fit
- Livestock instead of lilies
- ‘Billies for Goats’
- Go, sow! Sow! Go!
Eaton installed as presiding bishop in joyful, emotional service
- Reader call: Pastor Hope?
- Fundraising campaign approved
The first of its kind in the ELCA
- Hearing the cries
‘Yes’ to criminal justice, other actions
- Faith leaders extend best wishes to ELCA
- Hanson urges ELCA to add to book of Acts
- A farewell
- A new presiding bishop
Eaton first woman to hold post, looks to sharpen message, open doors
Blogs by Julie B. Sevig: (Read All)
- Missing Aunt Hannah
- Money, money, where to put the money?
- Are you a nomophobe?
- A middle class state of mind
- Fellow member arrested in Pa. church shooting
- Parenting coaches: paid and unpaid
- Five years later...
- For all things green
- Tell them you love them
- Souper news
- Think summer!
- That's some new member class
- Blessings & curse of the Internet
- Sitting in the right pew
- The gifts in, and of, one another
- Smile, it's Advent!
- Giving thanks for the harvest & the farmers!
- Cheers & gratitude!
- Building community
- Funeral held for Twin Cities nanny
- Rites of fall
- You're more than your photo
- A year of...
- Dancing danes...and so much more
- Kid nation?
- In praise of song & story
- It's lefse season!
- Small Lutheran world
- Move over ELW
- ELCA member among the dead
- Call for prayers in Minneapolis-St. Paul
- My heart's in Minnesota
- Prodigy or just faithful parenting?
- Scandal in Chicago
- Tolling the bell for peace
- The fabric of our lives
- Tending souls...
- A Pentecost Moment
- Making connections, giving thanks
- Don't forget to sing!
- For all the other mothers
- The habit of forgiveness
- From generation to generation
- A 236-word blog
- Going without
- Books build community
- From Oprah to NPR
- Delight in the 'little stories'
- Greed or chance?
- Grieving "The Times"