Julie B. Sevig
When I'm not working, I'm at home with my partner, Michelle, and our children Peder, 7, and Oliver and Annika, 4, and two kitties. Our lives our centered by our community of faith: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (two blocks west of Wrigley Field ). We love our church and are so proud of the ELCA! Every time I pick up the newest issue of our magazine, I'm reminded how thankful I am to be part of this church.
I've also written two books: Peanut Butter and Jelly Prayers (Morehouse, 2007) — table prayers for families with young children; and Laughing with Lutherans (Skandisk, Inc., 2008), 20 years of the best of the The Lutheran's "Light side" page that I also have the good pleasure to edit.
Articles by Julie B. Sevig:
- Faith leaders extend best wishes to ELCA
- Hearing the cries
‘Yes’ to criminal justice, other actions
- Hanson urges ELCA to add to book of Acts
- A farewell
- VBS for grown-ups?
Coffee and Kool-Aid at this Ohio church
- Holy time with elders
- Girl power
- These boots are made for blessing
- Goody bags
- A spirited kick-start to a new year
- You bless what?
From Atlantic to Pacific … blessings abound
- Message from teenager’s life & death is clear: Love
- Calling all plungers
Montana congregations call middle-schoolers into summer service
- T-shirt transformation
- Fifth Sunday options
- Sound ministry
Young people hear the call loud and clear in Northfield, Minn.
- A ministry metaphor
In this community, building walls had a way of breaking them down
- Appreciating blue
- Hymn of the month club
Congregation writes songs on kids' hearts
- Sacred Leaf
- No job too big, no job too small
In D.C., Reformation Lutheran 'reforms' homes each spring
- Sewing for school
- Goat incentive
Congregation uses 'Good Gifts' as Lenten discipline
- Transfigured jazz
Mardi Gras, love celebrated each February
- Shining a light on Epiphany
- A Christmas Lovefeast
Celebrating with coffee, bread & song
- Nothing shady about Schadé wine
South Dakota vintners host a harvest of tender moments
- Pure Joy
Rancher's decision to share her land changes lives
Michigan congregations love a good bus ride
- Leading through service
Young adults choose volunteer opportunities over worship
- Dollar by dollar
... drives them toward New Orleans
- Agnes would have said 'yes'
... to a baptism and a funeral
- Paper pantry
Michigan church fills a niche need
- A resurrection story
As one church closes, another rises from the ashes
- A beacon of peace, welcome
Men from group home are 'part of the family'
- Cross your heart
and keep a secret
- Give 'joy' this season
First, recycle a building; second, restore Christmas
- Gifts to remember
Memories show the value of simplicity in our giving
- Knit one, give too
Musical reflects the joy of giving
- 'Holy Hot Dish'
Serving meals makes sister congregations grow
- And a pluck, and a strike and a blow ...
It's the St. Luke Bottle Band
- It's about grace
From childhood into retirement, pastor has penned welcome
- A miracle in Kansas
Dwell in the word, then in the kitchen
- Promoting health
Following these steps could save clergy-parishioner relationships
- Bullying the pastor
Incivility is on the rise — in congregations too
- Making a 'stand' for Scripture
Every family at Minnesota congregation gets a Bible holder
- Celebrating Valentine's Day
Congregations go caroling, renew vows & dance
- A few minutes with Elizabeth A. Platz
On being the first ordained Lutheran woman
- Dressing space & servants
Women bound by friendship lift liturgical arts
Blogs by Julie B. Sevig: (Read All)
- ELCA publications win awards
- Park ranger memorial service streaming live
- Ranger’s memorial service announced
- Stan Olson named Wartburg Seminary president
- 'Fast Eddie' Soistman dies in car accident
- Pamela Jolicoeur, president of Concordia College, dies
- Summer is here!
- Good health means less screen time
- A no-brainer: use the lunch hour
- A 'dignified and respectful' recovery
- Larson body located
- A Reformation gift
- Fighting hunger with words & wallets
- As for me and my church, we'll stay AND give!
- Menopause Ministry
- Please, give me some good news!
- How will you change the world?
- Wedding procession at ELCA church a YouTube sensation
- Cronkite: from acolyte to anchor
- A hootenanny is like church?
- Doctor shot Sunday morning at ELCA church
- A virtual tip of the hat
- Lutheran publications, authors, designers win awards for 2008 work
- Seafarers in the spotlight
- Shaking out the house
- LVC gets a nod from Michelle Obama
- Craigslist killer gets life in prison; victim's family responds
- God's holy joke
- Hail, hail this freelancer's life
- Finally a bat mitzvah!
- Facebook for good
- A handwritten letter
- Laughing with Lutherans
- Insomnia for Obama
- Remember the poor
- Ohio: Close Obama encounter
- Dash & ellipsis: confessions of an overuser
- Pennies for peace
- ELCA Youth Gathering half full
- Celebrate with song
- One in a billion!
- Obama an honorary Lutheran?
- In praise of quilts & camps
- Obama worships with ELCA congregation
- Memory makers
- Summertime rituals
- Dancing with Matt
- Saving lives
- You can go home again...