Julie B. Sevig
Julie Sevig is managing editor of The Lutheran, having joined the staff in 2000 as a section editor, and writing and editing hundreds of stories about congregations of the ELCA. She and her family, including spouse Michelle and children Peder, Oliver and Annika, are members of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Chicago. We love our church and are so proud of the ELCA! Every time I pick up the newest issue of our magazine, I'm reminded how thankful I am to be part of this church.
I've also written two books: Peanut Butter and Jelly Prayers (Morehouse, 2007) — table prayers for families with young children; and Laughing with Lutherans (Skandisk, Inc., 2008), 20 years of the best of the The Lutheran's "Light side" page that I also have the good pleasure to edit.
Articles by Julie B. Sevig:
- Hanson urges ELCA to add to book of Acts
- A farewell
- A new presiding bishop
Eaton first woman to hold post, looks to sharpen message, open doors
- Cookie hospitality
- Memorials address immigration, communion, violence & more
- Boerger elected on fifth ballot
Serves up ‘yummy’ parts of ELCA Constitution
- ELCA ‘made new’
Dramatic elections, campaign highlight Pittsburgh gathering
- Malaria Campaign passes halfway mark
- Holy time with elders
- VBS for grown-ups?
Coffee and Kool-Aid at this Ohio church
- These boots are made for blessing
- Girl power
- You bless what?
From Atlantic to Pacific … blessings abound
- Message from teenager’s life & death is clear: Love
- Goody bags
- A spirited kick-start to a new year
- T-shirt transformation
- Calling all plungers
Montana congregations call middle-schoolers into summer service
- Fifth Sunday options
- Hymn of the month club
Congregation writes songs on kids' hearts
- Sacred Leaf
- Sound ministry
Young people hear the call loud and clear in Northfield, Minn.
- A ministry metaphor
In this community, building walls had a way of breaking them down
- Appreciating blue
- Sewing for school
- No job too big, no job too small
In D.C., Reformation Lutheran 'reforms' homes each spring
- Goat incentive
Congregation uses 'Good Gifts' as Lenten discipline
- Transfigured jazz
Mardi Gras, love celebrated each February
- Shining a light on Epiphany
- Nothing shady about Schadé wine
South Dakota vintners host a harvest of tender moments
- A Christmas Lovefeast
Celebrating with coffee, bread & song
- Pure Joy
Rancher's decision to share her land changes lives
Michigan congregations love a good bus ride
- Leading through service
Young adults choose volunteer opportunities over worship
- Agnes would have said 'yes'
... to a baptism and a funeral
- Dollar by dollar
... drives them toward New Orleans
- Paper pantry
Michigan church fills a niche need
- A resurrection story
As one church closes, another rises from the ashes
- Cross your heart
and keep a secret
- A beacon of peace, welcome
Men from group home are 'part of the family'
- Give 'joy' this season
First, recycle a building; second, restore Christmas
- Gifts to remember
Memories show the value of simplicity in our giving
- 'Holy Hot Dish'
Serving meals makes sister congregations grow
- Knit one, give too
Musical reflects the joy of giving
- And a pluck, and a strike and a blow ...
It's the St. Luke Bottle Band
- A miracle in Kansas
Dwell in the word, then in the kitchen
- It's about grace
From childhood into retirement, pastor has penned welcome
- Promoting health
Following these steps could save clergy-parishioner relationships
- Bullying the pastor
Incivility is on the rise — in congregations too
Blogs by Julie B. Sevig: (Read All)
- ELCA publications win awards
- Park ranger memorial service streaming live
- Ranger’s memorial service announced
- Stan Olson named Wartburg Seminary president
- 'Fast Eddie' Soistman dies in car accident
- Pamela Jolicoeur, president of Concordia College, dies
- Summer is here!
- Good health means less screen time
- A no-brainer: use the lunch hour
- A 'dignified and respectful' recovery
- Larson body located
- A Reformation gift
- Fighting hunger with words & wallets
- As for me and my church, we'll stay AND give!
- Menopause Ministry
- Please, give me some good news!
- How will you change the world?
- Wedding procession at ELCA church a YouTube sensation
- Cronkite: from acolyte to anchor
- A hootenanny is like church?
- Doctor shot Sunday morning at ELCA church
- A virtual tip of the hat
- Lutheran publications, authors, designers win awards for 2008 work
- Seafarers in the spotlight
- Shaking out the house
- LVC gets a nod from Michelle Obama
- Craigslist killer gets life in prison; victim's family responds
- God's holy joke
- Hail, hail this freelancer's life
- Finally a bat mitzvah!
- Facebook for good
- A handwritten letter
- Laughing with Lutherans
- Insomnia for Obama
- Remember the poor
- Ohio: Close Obama encounter
- Dash & ellipsis: confessions of an overuser
- Pennies for peace
- ELCA Youth Gathering half full
- Celebrate with song
- One in a billion!
- Obama an honorary Lutheran?
- In praise of quilts & camps
- Obama worships with ELCA congregation
- Memory makers
- Summertime rituals
- Dancing with Matt
- Saving lives
- You can go home again...