Julie B. Sevig
When I'm not working, I'm at home with my partner, Michelle, and our children Peder, 7, and Oliver and Annika, 4, and two kitties. Our lives our centered by our community of faith: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (two blocks west of Wrigley Field ). We love our church and are so proud of the ELCA! Every time I pick up the newest issue of our magazine, I'm reminded how thankful I am to be part of this church.
I've also written two books: Peanut Butter and Jelly Prayers (Morehouse, 2007) — table prayers for families with young children; and Laughing with Lutherans (Skandisk, Inc., 2008), 20 years of the best of the The Lutheran's "Light side" page that I also have the good pleasure to edit.
Articles by Julie B. Sevig:
- A dance of popularity
"JK Wedding Entrance Dance" video continues to make waves
- A place apart
Camps keep the faith while keeping up with the times
- Tales from the church office
- Quake claims future pastor
'Ben spent his last breath singing'
- Going 3 deep
In New England, they're studying '40 days, 3 persons, 1 God'
- Meet 'Fast Eddie'
He'll give you cookies, communion and a $2 bill
- Ramp it up
In Tulsa, Okla., these are the go-to guys for an easier access
- Mixing it up
Roman Catholics find love, community with-gasp!-Lutherans
- Come as you are
For 60 years, this Iowa church has offered drive-in worship
- This senior pastor sleeps on floors
At Ascension in Thousand Oaks, Calif., youth ministry and the youth minister boast longevity
- 'I take thee, Zion ...'
Like a finely tuned marriage, these congregations have survived the years many years
- Yes, there will be snacks
In Wausau, Wis., Senior Luther League hasn't changed much
- Sunday school: It isn't what it used to be
Old: Learning Bible stories. New: Forming, practicing faith
- Communicating hope
Rest in God's promises, go serve your neighbor
- 'Hey coach, I've got a Jesus question'
At this church, adults attend Sunday school, men teach
- 'Grace Matters' canceled
Part of $1.5 million churchwide cuts
- Downside of worship
Average worship attendance plummets here's a glimpse why
- Congregations: They come in all sizes
But it's not as simple as tall, grande and venti
- Pray it forward
South Dakota congregation will pray for you just ask
- Has technology made it worse?
Being disrespectful has never been easier
- Pay(ing) pal
Two teenagers a world apart attend school one paying for the other
- South Dakota's flying bishop
David Zellmer gets around in a Cessna P210
- Bless this fish ... and those who caught it
Washington congregation pauses each year to Bless the Fleet
- Road trip!
'Church Basement Ladies' now on tour
- A year after
The 35W bridge collapse, Ron Engebretsen says, 'God continues to be gracious to us'
- More reader views
Additional responses to the reader call regarding worship
- Worship wishes & woes
Readers respond to what they want, need in worship
- Rice for dinner
At Minneapolis congregation, families can count on this ...
- Hugger, shaker ... peacemaker?
Magazine's readers share their views on passing the peace
- Symbols of peace
- Boomer faith
- Me preach?
Colorado pastor, congregation renewed by lay preachers
- A feast for all?
Most readers say the trend toward lower communion age is a good thing
- Women to women
Delaware congregation reaches across the world with sophisticated sale
- A souvenir ... cartoon?
At the Global Mission Event, humor & hunger meet on the sketch pad
- 'It's what we do'
Gift-giving in California goes beyond the ordinary and across the world
- Project Prom
ELCA Youth Gathering plants seed for community service
- Mother mentors
- The final goodbye
Death and taxes are constant, but funerals are changing
- Do you believe this?
- Exit strategy
And you thought there was only one way to leave this life
- Christmas miracle
Bismarck, N.D., businessman gets the ball rolling for the homeless
- For all the worriers
- Why they stay...or leave
Those who remain wait & work for change
- Celebrating freedom
- Sixteen candles
Congregation's prayers 'burn' for its young people
- The challenge and promise of a new family tree
- Write ... and hear this!
Members of a writing group want to leave 'more than a tombstone'
- Natural jump
'I'm Pastor So-and-So and, yes, I was a camp counselor'
- Beyond BTK
Wichita pastor: Blessings amid 'the muck and mire'
Blogs by Julie B. Sevig: (Read All)
- Park ranger memorial service streaming live
- Ranger’s memorial service announced
- Stan Olson named Wartburg Seminary president
- 'Fast Eddie' Soistman dies in car accident
- Pamela Jolicoeur, president of Concordia College, dies
- Summer is here!
- Good health means less screen time
- A no-brainer: use the lunch hour
- A 'dignified and respectful' recovery
- Larson body located
- A Reformation gift
- Fighting hunger with words & wallets
- As for me and my church, we'll stay AND give!
- Menopause Ministry
- Please, give me some good news!
- How will you change the world?
- Wedding procession at ELCA church a YouTube sensation
- Cronkite: from acolyte to anchor
- A hootenanny is like church?
- Doctor shot Sunday morning at ELCA church
- A virtual tip of the hat
- Lutheran publications, authors, designers win awards for 2008 work
- Seafarers in the spotlight
- Shaking out the house
- LVC gets a nod from Michelle Obama
- God's holy joke
- Craigslist killer gets life in prison; victim's family responds
- Hail, hail this freelancer's life
- Finally a bat mitzvah!
- Facebook for good
- A handwritten letter
- Laughing with Lutherans
- Insomnia for Obama
- Remember the poor
- Ohio: Close Obama encounter
- Dash & ellipsis: confessions of an overuser
- Pennies for peace
- ELCA Youth Gathering half full
- Celebrate with song
- One in a billion!
- Obama an honorary Lutheran?
- In praise of quilts & camps
- Obama worships with ELCA congregation
- Memory makers
- Summertime rituals
- Dancing with Matt
- Saving lives
- You can go home again...
- Missing Aunt Hannah