I'm an associate editor for The Lutheran. I also serve as editor of The Little Lutheran and its sister publication, The Little Christian. Both are intended to nurture the faith of people aged 6 and younger. Check it out, subscribe and let us know what you think. Amber Leberman (who art directs the children's magazines) and I are open to making changes based on your suggestions.
My favorite part of this calling is leaving my desk to visit other ELCA members who serve in congregations and church-related ministries. I enjoy hearing about their vocations, joys, challenges, and how Christ keeps them going.
I attend Holy Family Lutheran Church in Chicago, with my two sons, ages 6 and 3, who love stories, music and the church—just like their mom.
Articles by Elizabeth Hunter:
- Seminary, synod make ‘mission possible’
Renovation effort warms homes and hearts
- Ten years after the tsunami
- Repair, rebuild, restore
Six generations gather for ninth Women of the ELCA triennial
- Is ‘Allah’ exclusively for Muslims?
Malaysian Christians face religious freedom issue
- The first 100 days
Bishop Eaton shares her vision for the church
- ELCA campaign underway
- ‘Love shouldn’t hurt’
Empowering domestic violence survivors
- Why not child sponsorship?
Here’s why ELCA World Hunger practices accompaniment
- Hopes high for year-end World Hunger push
- Making seminary debt manageable
ELCA Stewards of Abundance tries targeted scholarships
- Go, sow! Sow! Go!
Eaton installed as presiding bishop in joyful, emotional service
- Luther’s enduring legacy
ELCA colleges, universities help the church cultivate a sense of vocation
- Helping students find jobs
With a sense of vocation, ELCA schools go beyond basic career services
- Fundraising campaign approved
The first of its kind in the ELCA
- Hearing the cries
‘Yes’ to criminal justice, other actions
- Faith leaders extend best wishes to ELCA
- Hanson urges ELCA to add to book of Acts
- A farewell
- A new presiding bishop
Eaton first woman to hold post, looks to sharpen message, open doors
- Cookie hospitality
- Memorials address immigration, communion, violence & more
- Boerger elected on fifth ballot
Serves up ‘yummy’ parts of ELCA Constitution
- ELCA ‘made new’
Dramatic elections, campaign highlight Pittsburgh gathering
- Malaria Campaign passes halfway mark
- Paperless in Pittsburgh
2013 Churchwide Assembly will elect presiding bishop, secretary and more
- Seminaries provide free financial coaching
- Pet of the Year
- In a new key
Ecumenical effort supports music and worship leaders
- ‘Mighty Fortress’ not a tavern song
Separating fact from fiction
- Favorite hymns
Readers say sacred songs made the difference
- Meet a hymnwriter
Susan Cherwien shares ‘old truths in new words’
- A tale of two seminarians
The economy of theological education, then and now
- Care without walls
Lutheran agency helps Ohio seniors recuperate
- On each shelf, many stories
ELCA Archives show the life of the church, then and now
- ELCA response to Sandy will continue ...'Until the work is done'
- Faith & criminal justice
Task force members share their hopes
- LSTC welcomes Valparaiso campus
Follows the trend of ELCA seminary and college partnerships
- Vacation Bible or Sunday school, Tanganyika-style
In 1962, Tanzania was still named Tanganyika
- Two rabbits for two neighbors
Children of Lutheran pastors enjoyed playing together
- Lutheran hospital's gift horse
Norwegian deaconess drove a clever bargain
- It's smart to 'Be Well'
This S.C. Lutheran retirement community strengthens seniors
- The Little Lutheran, then and now
Two different issues, 60 years apart
- ELCA senior living sparks imaginations
Art and drama programs help those with Alzheimer's and dementia share their memories
- What do you know about criminal justice?
Read the ELCA's draft social statement, ready March 15
- Now the zampoña, charango, flauta and bombo!
Peruvian Lutherans strike a chord in their neighborhood
- Community connections
ELCA colleges make life better for their neighbors
- Convention business
New leaders elected, budget approved
- Women of the ELCA respond
... by making room for newcomers, healing, prophecy and action
- Gettysburg, Luther & Odyssey join forces
- Papua New Guinea: Leadership & mission
Blogs by Elizabeth Hunter: (Read All)
- At Croatian cafe, youth don't pay up. They "pray up."
- Some top 2007 religion stories reflect reader picks for '08
- Would you text in church?
- This week, can you live on $1 a meal?
- J.K. Rowling believes in God
- Remembering the fourth commandment
- A sermon about true peace
- The ELCA partners with ... Angelina Jolie
- Grandpa saved by a Blue Angel
- Northeastern Ohio Synod elects new bishop
- Luther knew something about difficult drop-offs
- Evangelism shouldn't put them to sleep
- ELCA, others work against HIV and AIDS
- Gardens offer scratch 'n sniff Bible experience
- California Lutheran University president shares his hopes for the campus
- NBC & VeggieTales: Should we throw tomatoes?
- Lutherans are partly responsible for a shift in refugee resettlement
- What was pruned from the story: a gardener's lessons for life
- Bethel Lutheran, Noblesville, Ind., has nearly doubled in size
- Farmers overheard at a truck-stop
- Suffering and hope
- Our refrigerator looks different this year
- Sermon notes
- Riding along through Germany
- During a gas leak in Lansdale, Pa., neighbors breathe easy at an ELCA VBS
- More plea than blog
- Movie recommendations for Jack
- Martin Adler, The Lutheran contributor dies
- Summer family
- Father's Day immigration debate
- What does our brand of Lutheranism say?
- Lawrence Clark to direct Lutheran Theological Center in Atlanta
- Immigrants built Augustana Lutheran Church (Andover, Ill.) to last
- Where moms have it best
- ELCA congregation's chimes disturb, delight Duluth neighbors
- Where pastors and imams 'bend it like Beckham'
- 'Something different' about this congregation's furniture, worship
- What you have first given us
- ELCA Montana Synod: Nguyen embodies spirit of hope
- May Day
- Texas Lutheran University receives $1.4 million from AT&T
- A cousin, a comment, some bishoply calls....and now we have a Nobel Peace Prize Forum
- What I learned in first communion class
- Praying with our eyes open
- Immigration: Should we care?
- ELCA endowment gives $75,000 to a Chicago community center
- Waldorf College students volunteer in Gulf Coast
- County mistake taxes Atlanta congregation