I'm an associate editor for The Lutheran. I also serve as editor of The Little Lutheran and its sister publication, The Little Christian. Both are intended to nurture the faith of people aged 6 and younger. Check it out, subscribe and let us know what you think. Amber Leberman (who art directs the children's magazines) and I are open to making changes based on your suggestions.
My favorite part of this calling is leaving my desk to visit other ELCA members who serve in congregations and church-related ministries. I enjoy hearing about their vocations, joys, challenges, and how Christ keeps them going.
I attend Holy Family Lutheran Church in Chicago, with my two sons, ages 6 and 3, who love stories, music and the church—just like their mom.
Articles by Elizabeth Hunter:
- Meet a hymnwriter
Susan Cherwien shares ‘old truths in new words’
- A tale of two seminarians
The economy of theological education, then and now
- ‘Mighty Fortress’ not a tavern song
Separating fact from fiction
- Favorite hymns
Readers say sacred songs made the difference
- Care without walls
Lutheran agency helps Ohio seniors recuperate
- On each shelf, many stories
ELCA Archives show the life of the church, then and now
- ELCA response to Sandy will continue ...'Until the work is done'
- Faith & criminal justice
Task force members share their hopes
- LSTC welcomes Valparaiso campus
Follows the trend of ELCA seminary and college partnerships
- Vacation Bible or Sunday school, Tanganyika-style
In 1962, Tanzania was still named Tanganyika
- Two rabbits for two neighbors
Children of Lutheran pastors enjoyed playing together
- Lutheran hospital's gift horse
Norwegian deaconess drove a clever bargain
- ELCA senior living sparks imaginations
Art and drama programs help those with Alzheimer's and dementia share their memories
- It's smart to 'Be Well'
This S.C. Lutheran retirement community strengthens seniors
- The Little Lutheran, then and now
Two different issues, 60 years apart
- What do you know about criminal justice?
Read the ELCA's draft social statement, ready March 15
- Now the zampoña, charango, flauta and bombo!
Peruvian Lutherans strike a chord in their neighborhood
- Community connections
ELCA colleges make life better for their neighbors
- Women of the ELCA respond
... by making room for newcomers, healing, prophecy and action
- Convention business
New leaders elected, budget approved
- Gettysburg, Luther & Odyssey join forces
- Papua New Guinea: Leadership & mission
- High-tech and grace-filled
Senior care provider helps people live well and longer at home
- Why we should care about Pakistan
A Q&A with Charles Amjad-Ali
- Turning the page
Lutheran agency helps women read to children -- from prison
- At 6:33 p.m....
One congregation knows what all of its members are doing
- Something to crow about
Animal therapy results in prize-winning project
- Hospitality: It takes guts
Are we up to the challenge?
- 'A lot to give'
ELCA-affiliated Mosaic serves seniors with developmental disabilities
- Paying it forward
This includes thanking God, say U.S. and Tanzanian Lutherans
- Disaster personal for ELCA leader
When global disaster recovery is your job, what happens when tragedy hits home?
- Hearts for Haiti
Generosity, grief and hope span the ELCA
- First step: Just show up
Then ask this of social media: Why do it?
- 'No one person owns the ministry'
Lutherans in Peru 'get' youth ministry
- Council cuts $7.7 million, churchwide staff
Eases reinstatement process for some clergy
- CORE taking a discernment year
Members may stay or leave, speakers say
- By leaps and bounds
Future leaders learn healthy habits can begin at seminary
- Market downturn leads to pension changes
- They were 'cool'
In Argentina, a Lutheran ministry creates community, with a 'loud' voice
- 'Grace Matters' canceled
Part of $1.5 million churchwide cuts
- Toward church unity
The state and future of ecumenism in the ELCA
- Crisis affects ELCA schools
- Going 'trayless'
ELCA colleges embrace green trend
- Women 'come to the waters'
Women of the ELCA triennial participants hear calls for bold action
- 'Growing seed' from The Little Lutheran
- Emergents: A sense of play
- Door openers
Emerging churches renew Lutheran traditions & provide new entry points
- ELCA Church Council affirms malaria work
- Peace at last?
In Uganda, Lutherans walk with war-torn people
- Draft of human sexuality social statement due in March
Church in Society staff offer a primer on the document
Blogs by Elizabeth Hunter: (Read All)
- J.K. Rowling believes in God
- Remembering the fourth commandment
- A sermon about true peace
- The ELCA partners with ... Angelina Jolie
- Grandpa saved by a Blue Angel
- Northeastern Ohio Synod elects new bishop
- Luther knew something about difficult drop-offs
- Evangelism shouldn't put them to sleep
- ELCA, others work against HIV and AIDS
- Gardens offer scratch 'n sniff Bible experience
- California Lutheran University president shares his hopes for the campus
- NBC & VeggieTales: Should we throw tomatoes?
- Lutherans are partly responsible for a shift in refugee resettlement
- What was pruned from the story: a gardener's lessons for life
- Bethel Lutheran, Noblesville, Ind., has nearly doubled in size
- Farmers overheard at a truck-stop
- Suffering and hope
- Our refrigerator looks different this year
- Sermon notes
- Riding along through Germany
- During a gas leak in Lansdale, Pa., neighbors breathe easy at an ELCA VBS
- More plea than blog
- Movie recommendations for Jack
- Martin Adler, The Lutheran contributor dies
- Summer family
- Father's Day immigration debate
- What does our brand of Lutheranism say?
- Lawrence Clark to direct Lutheran Theological Center in Atlanta
- Immigrants built Augustana Lutheran Church (Andover, Ill.) to last
- Where moms have it best
- ELCA congregation's chimes disturb, delight Duluth neighbors
- 'Something different' about this congregation's furniture, worship
- Where pastors and imams 'bend it like Beckham'
- What you have first given us
- ELCA Montana Synod: Nguyen embodies spirit of hope
- May Day
- Texas Lutheran University receives $1.4 million from AT&T
- A cousin, a comment, some bishoply calls....and now we have a Nobel Peace Prize Forum
- What I learned in first communion class
- Praying with our eyes open
- Immigration: Should we care?
- ELCA endowment gives $75,000 to a Chicago community center
- Waldorf College students volunteer in Gulf Coast
- County mistake taxes Atlanta congregation
- St. Olaf College president to lead Moravian college & seminary
- Midwest tornadoes
- Thick skin
- Update: Tsunami relief continues