A member of Gethsemane Lutheran Church, Austin, Texas, Dworin is also author of The Lutheran's new family faith page: Pass the faith. A former parenting magazine editor, she blogs about the quirky journey of her Lutheran family: Dan, 39; Janine, 11; Ben, 8 and Jillian, 5 at www.thelutheran.org/blog/parenting.
Articles by Diana Dworin:
- Youth wants to be a lector
Involvement might spark a renewed sense of intergenerational worship
- Now what? Stewardship is for all ages
Putting money in the offering plate teaches children to share with others
- Bible babies
Faith-inspired names gain in popularity
- Top 10 groovy Bible names
- Transition time
Parents can help kids learn to roll with life's big and small changes
- Now what? Choosing day care
Parent wonders how to decide between church and secular day-care
- Now what? Teen might be surprised by adult welcome
He's not sure he'd be welcome in congregation's music programs
- Animal connections
Creatures large and small can link us to God's wonders
- Now what? Reclaiming Sabbath
Sundays after church are always go-go-go
- Cultivating quiet
Consider a back-to-school blessing for an August worship service
- Now what? Connecting to church in the summer
Teen daughter spends summer months with her father, who doesn't attend church
- Sexuality and spirituality
Making connections between bodies & faith
- Maturing in spirit
Early adolescence a time of faith formation change
- Now what? Son wants to quit confirmation
- Now what? Tying faith to care of earth
How can I help my daughter connect environmental concerns to her faith?
- Biblical literacy
Help boost your family's knowledge of our stories of faith
- The vocation of childhood
Helping kids more clearly discern God's call in their daily lives
- Talking to children about disasters
Questions about God's role amid suffering are tough to answer
- Now what? How do I help my teen with Lenten discipline?
Daughter is inspired by Roman Catholic friends to give up something for Lent
- Now what? Giving a share of that first paycheck
How can I get my teen to start tithing?
- Flock of ages
Parents help build unity among young & old during worship
- Now what?
Should my teens receive communion?
- Sibling squabbles
How can brothers and sisters become peacemakers?
- Now what?
Reeling in Grandma & Gramps
- Cutting back this Christmas?
Easing back from holiday consumerism is freeing
- The spirituality of pregnancy
3 things to watch for during the transition to parenthood
- Now what?
Teens' Facebook posts risque
- Now what?
Too wiggly for worship?
- Fibs & lies, oh my!
Spin these situations into teaching moments
- Now what?
My daugher is in the 'tweenage gap'
- Casting out fear
Parents are key in helping children develop courage and self-confidence
- Divvying up the days
With the school year upon us, help kids prioritize time
- Now what? Introducing my preschooler to the Bible
My preschooler is starting to sound out simple words as he learns how to read
- Kids and families, head outside!
'Nature provokes us to be awestruck by God's creation'
- Now what? Should we insist our kids sit with us at worship?
My children want to be with their friends
- Now what? There's a Sunday school bully
A child in my son's class is disruptive and bullies other students. What can I do?
- Attendance angst
'I don't want to go to church'
- Now what? How do we stop the whining?
Make thankfulness a priority
- Who gets 'the church' after a divorce?
Stability of congregation important for children in transition
- Easter stress
The kids feel it too
- Now what? Requiring church attendance for overnight guests
- Parent at church, parent at home
What happens when mom or dad prefers 'St. Mattress?'
- Now what? If Dad stays home, why can't I?
Although he believes in God, my husband rarely comes with us to church.
The experience produces life skills
- Now what? Age cutoff for pew snacking
At what age should children participate in worship?
- Now what? Choosing godparents
- Dinosaur dilemma
Just where do they fit in the creation story?
- Respect rut
Parents and kids find respect is a two-way street
- Liturgy leaders
An Austin, Texas, congregation receives the gift of child-led eucharist
- Celebrating marriage
Texas congregation throws party for 60 couples married 40 years or more
Blogs by Diana Dworin: (Read All)
- Faith & Facebook
- Washing out my raunchy mouth
- Adam's Speedo and Eve's Bikini
- Confessions of a VBS Slacker Mom
- Strangers in the far back pew
- Connections to the church
- A surprise first communion
- Our family's first loss
- Panhandling and parenting
- Live Reporting from National No Name-Calling Week
- What Not to Wear to Church
- "It has to feel real, authentic"
- Of Breath and Beetles
- Three Gifts: Meatloaf, Bedsheets and A Bible
- Finding "Fruit" on the Trampoline
- The Sheep are Restless
- Return of the Glow-In-The-Dark Rosary
- Glow-In-The-Dark Rosary
- Is God From Another Dimension?
- The Children's Moment: A Chance to Mess with Mom
- The Pole Man: Sinner or Saint?
- Ice Cream and Eden
- Grandma Comes to Church
- Storytime with Grandpa
- Playing Hookey
- Mosquitos, Preschoolers and Theology