I've worked at The Lutheran magazine for eleven years. I manage this website, art-direct The Little Lutheran, and serve on the art team for The Lutheran. I also manage the websites for The Little Lutheran and The Little Christian.
I also do occasional reporting for The Lutheran. International reporting trips have taken me to Jerusalem, Ramallah, Barcelona, Cairo, Beirut and a tiny village outside Madang, Papua New Guinea.
I earned degrees in magazine journalism and religious studies from the University of Missouri-Columbia. Before I joined the staff of The Lutheran I worked at the Chicago Tribune and The Wheaton [Ill.] Sun.
I enjoy working out, backpacking, reading (fiction, biographies, theology), lost-wax casting and cooking.
Articles by Amber Leberman:
- Beyond technology
Mission-inspired strategies make social media manageable
- We've relaunched
The Lutheran's website has a fresh look.
- A backpacker's psalm
- Greeting the new year less anxiously
- How Tweet it was
The 2009 Churchwide Assembly — in 140 characters
- Reconnection and reconciliation on Facebook
- Papua New Guinea's dynamite women
Jesus' encounter with the Samaritan woman inspires Lutherans to challenge their cultures
- On goldfish
- An oasis in Cairo
Ministry provides opportunities for Sudanese refugees
- Praying for strength
Contact and Resource Center helps people with disabilities after war in Lebanon
- "Whoever has two coats ..."
- Palestinian financial crisis affects hospital, schools
- Future tax resolution for Augusta Victoria?
- And the envelope goes to ...
The Lutheran picks 13 winners in church Web site contest
- Funding crisis a danger for LWF hospital in Jerusalem
- A poem for Maundy Thursday
- Infinite doubt, infinite hope
- Checking the vitals of Churchwide Assembly attendees
- A benediction for Emlyn
- 'It's a mystery'
Peace & war bookend Bible translation
- Playing dead on Wednesdays
- Music for waiting
- Feeding the 3,000
Sikhs serve up an 'ethic of care' with langar, free lunch
- The communion of saints
We celebrate the living and the dead
- The edge of mission
What does it mean to be a Lutheran in a world of religions?
- No such thing as bad rain
A figure of speech and a lesson during a rainstorm in Ramallah
- Methodists face separation, affirm unity
- Spiritual gifts and the Giver
Discovering our gifts helps us learn 'God really knows who we are'
- Skills to weather 'rainy' days
Palestinian students learn skilled trades at Lutheran vocational school
- Changing neighborhood
- Avoiding the dark area of frustration
Palestinian students at Lutheran schools persevere despite the challenges of West Bank occupation
- Calling home to Baghdad
- The hills are alive
- Seeing Christ in the children
Making peace in families means fighting the wars against poverty, violence and racism
- Islamic short course
A look at what Muslims believe
- 'God's agent, disguised as a hairdresser'
- How is your faith today?
- Giving and forgiving
Synods help indebted congregations expand their missions
- ELCA continues support of Million Mom March
- Presbyterian court upholds same-sex unions
Blogs by Amber Leberman: (Read All)
- Pennsylvania: Woman shot and killed inside Lutheran congregation
- Congregations on the Web
- North Carolina: Synod donates $18,000 for farmers dealing with drought
- Asbury Park Press features opinion article by synod bishop and LIRS president
- What the statistics say
- Waiting ...
- California fires
- You might have noticed â€¦
- Things they are a-changing...
- Web update
- Getting out
- Applause for (mostly) civil discourse
- Chicago Sun-Times features agency responsible for new ELCA ads
- "The Lemon Tree"
- Minnesota bridge collapse: Funeral planned for ELCA member
- Just be
- Chicago Tribune profiles synod bishop-elect Wayne Miller
- South Dakota paper previews Churchwide Assembly
- The verdict on Snape
- What do we make of Christians on TV?
- North Carolina: Congregation raises $16,000 for out-of-work restaurant workers
- Michigan: Lutheran-Muslim cooperation in the news
- Rangers pick Texas Lutheran University baseball player
- More about young adultsâ€¦
- Painting nets $400,000 for Pacific Lutheran University
- Who you are
- California Lutheran University employee dies in campus accident
- Wisconsin: Woman killed in church building
- Young readers and budding artists
- New synod bishops elected
- Hello from New Jersey!
- Something new
- To carry a schoolâ€¦
- Greetings from the Oregon Synod
- Chicago Defender features Virginia congregation
- Not resting
- Summer reading
- Ask me about...
- Forgiveness is difficult
- Holy Week
- Breaking 1,000
- The popularity index
- Thank you
- Dearborn [Mich.] church burglarized
- Meet The Little Lutheran online!
- Tell us what you think!
- What it means to be online
- Lutheran World Relief announces investment in fair trade chocolate company
- Something for your congregation