I'm an associate editor for The Lutheran. I also serve as editor of The Little Lutheran and its sister publication, The Little Christian. Both are intended to nurture the faith of people aged 6 and younger. Check it out, subscribe and let us know what you think. Amber Leberman (who art directs the children's magazines) and I are open to making changes based on your suggestions.
My favorite part of this calling is leaving my desk to visit other ELCA members who serve in congregations and church-related ministries. I enjoy hearing about their vocations, joys, challenges, and how Christ keeps them going.
I attend Holy Family Lutheran Church in Chicago, with my two sons, ages 6 and 3, who love stories, music and the church—just like their mom.
Articles by Elizabeth Hunter:
- Born into war
- Restructuring proposal 'off the table'
ELCA presiding bishop says budget must be cut by $2.8 million
- Hi-tech & interfaith
Lutherans lead talks among three MIT faith groups
- Confirmation, blessings and divisions
Sexuality trumps other issues at Episcopal Church's triennial convention
- Prepared to walk many miles
Liberian Lutherans search for an elusive peace
- Episcopalians elect openly gay bishop
- Behind the masks
Two ELCA pastors and a nurse serve during SARS outbreaks in Asia
- Keeping America's door open
Lutheran agencies continue to resettle a dwindling trickle of immigrants and refugees
- Lutherans provide relief to tornado survivors
- ELCA pastor jailed for his war protests
- Seeking peace in hard times
- Sexuality task force hears from panels
Two groups offer positions against and in favor of changing ELCA policy
- Thrivent to cut 500 employees
- Lawsuit alleges misconduct in Southern Ohio Synod
- A life saved
- Papua New Guinea by the numbers
- Getting back
- A house for the sick
Lutheran hospital cares for the poor in Papua New Guinea
- Hunger giving is down
- Your love has called us
The Spirit sings through Brian Wren's hymns
- Fear and faith in Colombia
Lutherans aid the displaced and seek policies to end the violence
- God's holy temple
In Papua New Guinea, the church is a place to learn about God and HIV/AIDS prevention
- Lewis to head Augsburg Fortress
- We have changed
Our worldview is considerably altered since Sept. 11
- Guatemalan Lutherans face attacks
- Nourished, not swamped
- Looking death in the face
Palestinian Lutherans struggle to hold on
- Peaceful protest
- Grounding fliers in faith
- Synod staff try to help
- LCMS board gags its press
- Israeli troops occupy Lutheran school
- Judging the call process
- 'It's a family'
- ELCA raises $6 million for 9/11
- Fla. congregation installs noncelibate gay man
- Home-front fear
Waiting, worry are part of a military family's life
- Study examines religion on an ELCA campus
- Sexuality task force to meet with consultants
- Tug o' religion
Wartburg College chapel renovation exposes underlying faith tensions
- What it feels like at Salam Arabic Lutheran Church
- Women called to 'conspire'
- 'Every person of faith should care'
Kristine M. Gebbie, former AIDS czar:
- Synod bishop censures St. Paul congregations
They face consequences for calling non-rostered people to pastoral ministry
- Singing by the sea
After Sierra Leone's civil war, Lutherans offer hope and relief
- 'We want it to be known'
- Signs from God
- A silk road to self-reliance
Lutherans help women in Bangladesh produce silk
Blogs by Elizabeth Hunter: (Read All)
- Thrivent to serve more Christians
- Wisconsin synod continues to express grief
- Leadership resignations follow seminary deficit
- Portico Benefit Services approves annuity increases for 2013
- ELCA response to Sandy will continue 'until the work is done,' says ELCA Presiding Bishop
- D. Jensen Seyenkulo, churchwide staff, elected bishop, Lutheran Church in Liberia
- Illustrator Chris Raschka wins a second Caldecott Medal
- PLTS and CLU explore possible merger
- Mission support update
- Lutheran peacemaker Leymah Gbowee wins Nobel Peace Prize
- A 'debt of gratitude': Church executive Dorothy Marple dies
- Canadian Lutherans open doors to gay marriage and pastors
- Gettysburg and Luther seminaries will join forces
- First female presiding bishop for Norway's Lutherans
- ELCA: $30 million malaria campaign 'not feasible'
- Midland Lutheran College to become Midland University
- Florida Lutherans' interreligious efforts no publicity stunt
- Timeline announced for churchwide restructuring
- LCMS President-elect calls ELCA relations 'complex'
- ELCA Church Council trims churchwide budget by $4.2 million
- ELCA-affiliated Dana College shuts down
- Southeast Michigan bishop resigns
- How much of health is our guts?
- You go, girl!
- Healthy travel
- No eggs, no oil, no sugar... how could it be any good?
- How clean is our air?
- Retirees, employees sue Augsburg Fortress over pensions
- Salmon, anyone?
- Diet transplant
- Celebrating 35
- Happy spring!
- Woman killed at Calvary Lutheran, Federal Way, Wash.
- Dana College sold; will become for-profit
- Thrivent matching Haiti gifts, $1 for every $2
- Haiti: prayer with news
- In the aftershock, Haiti donations roll in
- Wartburg Seminary student's status unconfirmed after Haiti quake
- Pacifica Synod faces budget cuts
- Southeastern Synod may cut grants, staff
- A hole in the roof
- Alaska: Lutheran Social Services to help homeless people
- The Economist comments on ELCA, CORE
- Civility, for Sept. 11
- Lutheran pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer: the first martyr recognized by United Methodists
- Church names: Protestants have more leeway
- At Croatian cafe, youth don't pay up. They "pray up."
- Some top 2007 religion stories reflect reader picks for '08
- Would you text in church?