Julie B. Sevig
When I'm not working, I'm at home with my partner, Michelle, and our children Peder, 7, and Oliver and Annika, 4, and two kitties. Our lives our centered by our community of faith: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (two blocks west of Wrigley Field ). We love our church and are so proud of the ELCA! Every time I pick up the newest issue of our magazine, I'm reminded how thankful I am to be part of this church.
I've also written two books: Peanut Butter and Jelly Prayers (Morehouse, 2007) — table prayers for families with young children; and Laughing with Lutherans (Skandisk, Inc., 2008), 20 years of the best of the The Lutheran's "Light side" page that I also have the good pleasure to edit.
Articles by Julie B. Sevig:
- Write ... and hear this!
Members of a writing group want to leave 'more than a tombstone'
- Natural jump
'I'm Pastor So-and-So and, yes, I was a camp counselor'
- Beyond BTK
Wichita pastor: Blessings amid 'the muck and mire'
- Caring for survivors?
Listen, listen, listen and listen'
- Blessings all around
Urbana, Ill., congregation provides for twodisplaced families
- Youth ministry comes in all sizes
- On the road ...
with Norma Cook Everist
- Beef-buying as ministry
Montana congregation puts its money where its youth are: the county fair
- It's summertime...
and the livin'(in some congregations) is about outreach
- If grace is true...
What do you say to your brother on the night before his execution?
- It's not your grandmother's confirmation
This rite of spring (or fall) needs to change or, egads, disappear!
- Pastor charged with soliciting sex from 14-year-old
- Finally a Lutheran
Take it from Dorothy: You're never too old for confirmation
- Images of hope
Congregation echoes pastor: 'Not the Dennis Rader I know'
- A matter of access
- Creative outreach: Grace extended
In this little space on the shores of Lake Michigan, all are welcome
- Living in the shadow of John 3:16
- Goin' to camp
New life for Marble Lutheran Church
- Politics in the pulpit
- Four-legged faith
Meet Moses, Martin, Joseph & Jezebel the religious pets
- Finding a mission in rural America
Mere survival is not enough
- A day of faith, gratitude and praise
- Pastor calls Marine the 'true embodiment of the warrior spirit'
- Preaching panel
Insights from those who teach how to preach
- A life reflected
Sharing your faith, values and wealth with a will
- LCMS suggests cooperative ministry continue
- Lutheran publications win awards
- Hand-in-hand with Haiti
Congregation, community supply school with locker leftovers
- Still serving after all these years
Special Needs Retirement Fund gives retirees a financial boost
- Findin' grace in Texas
New congregation not afraid to be Lutheran
- Generosity coach
What a title change can do for you
- TodavÃa prestando servicio despuÃ©s de todos estos aÃ±os
El Fondo de JubilaciÃ³n para Necesidades Especiales les da a los jubilados un empujon financiero
- Treasures without turmoil
Readers advise how to distribute heirlooms after a family death
- Faces of faith
... at the end of an uphill climb in Kenya
- Bringing God into it
Congregations called to encourage worshipful weddings and support marriages
- Returning warmth
Burma refugees not your usual quilters
- Committed & challenged
'They'll be there until the last person turns off the lights'
- Simple living, simple giving
Organization helps us keep meaning in Christmas
- Bishop proposes new churchwide structure
- Goodbye Dad. I love you.
Sometimes there is no chance
- Permission to play
Intergenerational authors find 18 practices we can use to reset our lives
- Transplanted & blooming
Ione Hanson embraces her new role even as she grieves her old one
- Porch lullabies
Mary would be proud of ministry done in her name
- Do life
African word reminds youth: 'I am because we are. We are because Christ is.'
- Presbyterians address sexuality at assembly
- Do you know where your teenager is?
Atlanta, of course
- Faith over fear
After arsenic poisoning, Maine congregation receives 'an extra dose of consolation'
- Chaplain is conduit of war horrors
- Welcome home
- What's so funny about church? Plenty!
Blogs by Julie B. Sevig: (Read All)
- Park ranger memorial service streaming live
- Ranger’s memorial service announced
- Stan Olson named Wartburg Seminary president
- 'Fast Eddie' Soistman dies in car accident
- Pamela Jolicoeur, president of Concordia College, dies
- Summer is here!
- Good health means less screen time
- A no-brainer: use the lunch hour
- A 'dignified and respectful' recovery
- Larson body located
- A Reformation gift
- Fighting hunger with words & wallets
- As for me and my church, we'll stay AND give!
- Menopause Ministry
- Please, give me some good news!
- How will you change the world?
- Wedding procession at ELCA church a YouTube sensation
- Cronkite: from acolyte to anchor
- A hootenanny is like church?
- Doctor shot Sunday morning at ELCA church
- A virtual tip of the hat
- Lutheran publications, authors, designers win awards for 2008 work
- Seafarers in the spotlight
- Shaking out the house
- LVC gets a nod from Michelle Obama
- God's holy joke
- Craigslist killer gets life in prison; victim's family responds
- Hail, hail this freelancer's life
- Finally a bat mitzvah!
- Facebook for good
- A handwritten letter
- Laughing with Lutherans
- Insomnia for Obama
- Remember the poor
- Ohio: Close Obama encounter
- Dash & ellipsis: confessions of an overuser
- Pennies for peace
- ELCA Youth Gathering half full
- Celebrate with song
- One in a billion!
- Obama an honorary Lutheran?
- In praise of quilts & camps
- Obama worships with ELCA congregation
- Memory makers
- Summertime rituals
- Dancing with Matt
- Saving lives
- You can go home again...
- Missing Aunt Hannah