I'm an associate editor for The Lutheran. I also serve as editor of The Little Lutheran and its sister publication, The Little Christian. Both are intended to nurture the faith of people aged 6 and younger. Check it out, subscribe and let us know what you think. Amber Leberman (who art directs the children's magazines) and I are open to making changes based on your suggestions.
My favorite part of this calling is leaving my desk to visit other ELCA members who serve in congregations and church-related ministries. I enjoy hearing about their vocations, joys, challenges, and how Christ keeps them going.
I attend Holy Family Lutheran Church in Chicago, with my two sons, ages 6 and 3, who love stories, music and the church—just like their mom.
Articles by Elizabeth Hunter:
- Is ‘Allah’ exclusively for Muslims?
Malaysian Christians face religious freedom issue
- The first 100 days
Bishop Eaton shares her vision for the church
- ELCA campaign underway
- ‘Love shouldn’t hurt’
Empowering domestic violence survivors
- Why not child sponsorship?
Here’s why ELCA World Hunger practices accompaniment
- Hopes high for year-end World Hunger push
- Go, sow! Sow! Go!
Eaton installed as presiding bishop in joyful, emotional service
- Luther’s enduring legacy
ELCA colleges, universities help the church cultivate a sense of vocation
- Helping students find jobs
With a sense of vocation, ELCA schools go beyond basic career services
- Making seminary debt manageable
ELCA Stewards of Abundance tries targeted scholarships
- Hearing the cries
‘Yes’ to criminal justice, other actions
- Faith leaders extend best wishes to ELCA
- Hanson urges ELCA to add to book of Acts
- A farewell
- A new presiding bishop
Eaton first woman to hold post, looks to sharpen message, open doors
- Cookie hospitality
- Memorials address immigration, communion, violence & more
- Boerger elected on fifth ballot
Serves up ‘yummy’ parts of ELCA Constitution
- ELCA ‘made new’
Dramatic elections, campaign highlight Pittsburgh gathering
- Malaria Campaign passes halfway mark
- Fundraising campaign approved
The first of its kind in the ELCA
- Seminaries provide free financial coaching
- Pet of the Year
- Paperless in Pittsburgh
2013 Churchwide Assembly will elect presiding bishop, secretary and more
- In a new key
Ecumenical effort supports music and worship leaders
- ‘Mighty Fortress’ not a tavern song
Separating fact from fiction
- Favorite hymns
Readers say sacred songs made the difference
- Meet a hymnwriter
Susan Cherwien shares ‘old truths in new words’
- A tale of two seminarians
The economy of theological education, then and now
- Care without walls
Lutheran agency helps Ohio seniors recuperate
- On each shelf, many stories
ELCA Archives show the life of the church, then and now
- ELCA response to Sandy will continue ...'Until the work is done'
- Faith & criminal justice
Task force members share their hopes
- LSTC welcomes Valparaiso campus
Follows the trend of ELCA seminary and college partnerships
- Vacation Bible or Sunday school, Tanganyika-style
In 1962, Tanzania was still named Tanganyika
- Two rabbits for two neighbors
Children of Lutheran pastors enjoyed playing together
- Lutheran hospital's gift horse
Norwegian deaconess drove a clever bargain
- The Little Lutheran, then and now
Two different issues, 60 years apart
- ELCA senior living sparks imaginations
Art and drama programs help those with Alzheimer's and dementia share their memories
- It's smart to 'Be Well'
This S.C. Lutheran retirement community strengthens seniors
- What do you know about criminal justice?
Read the ELCA's draft social statement, ready March 15
- Now the zampoña, charango, flauta and bombo!
Peruvian Lutherans strike a chord in their neighborhood
- Community connections
ELCA colleges make life better for their neighbors
- Convention business
New leaders elected, budget approved
- Women of the ELCA respond
... by making room for newcomers, healing, prophecy and action
- Gettysburg, Luther & Odyssey join forces
- Papua New Guinea: Leadership & mission
- High-tech and grace-filled
Senior care provider helps people live well and longer at home
- Why we should care about Pakistan
A Q&A with Charles Amjad-Ali
- Turning the page
Lutheran agency helps women read to children -- from prison
Blogs by Elizabeth Hunter: (Read All)
- Thrivent to serve more Christians
- Wisconsin synod continues to express grief
- Leadership resignations follow seminary deficit
- Portico Benefit Services approves annuity increases for 2013
- ELCA response to Sandy will continue 'until the work is done,' says ELCA Presiding Bishop
- D. Jensen Seyenkulo, churchwide staff, elected bishop, Lutheran Church in Liberia
- Illustrator Chris Raschka wins a second Caldecott Medal
- PLTS and CLU explore possible merger
- Mission support update
- Lutheran peacemaker Leymah Gbowee wins Nobel Peace Prize
- A 'debt of gratitude': Church executive Dorothy Marple dies
- Canadian Lutherans open doors to gay marriage and pastors
- Gettysburg and Luther seminaries will join forces
- First female presiding bishop for Norway's Lutherans
- ELCA: $30 million malaria campaign 'not feasible'
- Midland Lutheran College to become Midland University
- Florida Lutherans' interreligious efforts no publicity stunt
- Timeline announced for churchwide restructuring
- LCMS President-elect calls ELCA relations 'complex'
- ELCA Church Council trims churchwide budget by $4.2 million
- ELCA-affiliated Dana College shuts down
- Southeast Michigan bishop resigns
- How much of health is our guts?
- You go, girl!
- Healthy travel
- No eggs, no oil, no sugar... how could it be any good?
- How clean is our air?
- Retirees, employees sue Augsburg Fortress over pensions
- Salmon, anyone?
- Diet transplant
- Celebrating 35
- Happy spring!
- Woman killed at Calvary Lutheran, Federal Way, Wash.
- Dana College sold; will become for-profit
- Thrivent matching Haiti gifts, $1 for every $2
- Haiti: prayer with news
- In the aftershock, Haiti donations roll in
- Wartburg Seminary student's status unconfirmed after Haiti quake
- Pacifica Synod faces budget cuts
- Southeastern Synod may cut grants, staff
- A hole in the roof
- Alaska: Lutheran Social Services to help homeless people
- The Economist comments on ELCA, CORE
- Civility, for Sept. 11
- Lutheran pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer: the first martyr recognized by United Methodists
- Church names: Protestants have more leeway
- At Croatian cafe, youth don't pay up. They "pray up."
- Some top 2007 religion stories reflect reader picks for '08
- Would you text in church?