Ernst, a frequent contributor to The Lutheran, lives in Charlottesville, Va.; www.ernstwrite.com.
Articles by Heidi Ernst:
- Our worldwide church
Global contexts challenge Lutheran theology
- From victim to advocate
Survivor's goal: Stopping illegal gun purchases
- On the 'yellow brick road'
Oz enthusiast and expert celebrates 70 years
- Depression & youth
Mental illnesses do affect schoolchildren. Here's what to look for and how to get help.
Web only: "More warning signs" and "Resources for help"
- 'Lawyer of faith' breaks barriers
Nance is first African-American woman dean at the University of Arkansas
- The question of undocumented immigrants
From a Lutheran faith perspective, answers differ
- Three congregations work to stop deportations
New York City
- From baptism to burial
Orphans and elderly worship in a chapel inspired by Wartburg Castle
- How sweet the sound
These kids have their sights on Royal Albert Hall
- Thirtysomethings talk about church
What's important, what's not, on the path to spiritual fulfillment
- Stephanie Pearson: A time to experiment
- Lee Hufford: A feeling of community
- Disaster dollars fund healing
- 'What more do we have to do?'
Lutheran Disaster Response-New York meets continuing needs from Sept. 11
- Faith in firefighters
New York City's new fire chief draws strength in Lutheran pews
- New York pastor keeps vigil at firehouse
- You're part of the priesthood
Martin Luther's foundational concept lives today in all believers
- All that jazz
St. Peter, Duke Ellington ...
- The 'hidden gift'
Grief over their daughter's suicide inspires prevention work
- What do you do?
It's a question about your work and faith
- Law & gospel
For Zachary Carter, the two are 'seamlessly embedded'
- A question of identity
- One of the family
Cross-cultural adoptees need love and awareness of their heritage
- How to control funeral costs
- Dead right
Talking about death comes easy till it gets personal. That's when the church has something to say.
- Above the Oval Office
Bruce Reed is 'an original thinker,' says President Clinton.