Novak is a freelance writer and a member of Our Saviour Lutheran Church in Naperville, Ill.
Articles by Cindy Novak:
- Peace of mind
Volunteers offer respite, second family
- More about Legacy Corps
- For faith formation, play, hands-on learning and digital resources
- Reinventing Sunday school
A reformation in faith formation
- Church rolls up its sleeves to work
- Transformation for all congregations
- Resurrection wonders
Congregations find renewed purpose, fresh ministries, outreach through self-examination, determination
- Patchwork congregations
- Aging well
Congregations help seniors connect & serve
- 'Cleaning' membership rolls
Updates and outreach go together
- Turning full circle
... after 10 years away
- Inactive members
What do we do with them?
- Meaning + belonging = participation
Groups give an entry point
- Moving forward
Congregations split, thrive following 2009 Churchwide Assembly action
- Caring for the military
Across the ELCA, they 'need our support'
- Damon Winkleman: 1986-2009
Community remembers its native son, killed in action in Afghanistan
- Healing the wounded soul
Congregations can begin by understanding some hurts can't be seen
- Dishin' for hunger
Here's an idea for June: Host a potluck!
- Approaching the global food crisis
... with 'an enormous sense of hope'
- Strong support
It's what Lutherans do
- Congregations in tough economic times
The economic climate pushes the church to be clear about mission
- A crisis & faith
Unemployment ... investment loss ... home foreclosures ... bailouts ... recession
- AFP turnaround 5 years in making
Beth Lewis' tenure has included product and resource launches
- Sign of the times
For 30 years, Lenoir-Rhyne's been a deaf-friendly campus
- Hunger-fighting strategies and trends
- Food stamp simulation proves challenging
- 'There really is hope'
In this country and beyond the church toils to terminate hunger
- A proposal for the church
- Tutoring improves life for Somali refugees
- LWF celebrates 60 years of 'making a difference'
- Facing suicide head on
Work still needed in treating disease
- Exchanges that keep on giving
Global relationships bring hope
- Gathered for hope
Congregation offers support group to help the weary cope
- 3rd sexuality study available
'Kitchen table issues' to be part of proposed social statement in '09
- Giving our best
Lutherans continue to send funds, workers and hope to the Gulf Coast
- Hurricanes: How one synod responds
- The little church that could
Chicago congregation breathes new life into Catholic school, rectory
- Future leaders: Who will wear this shirt?
Across the ELCA, the torch is passed to future leaders
- The heft and heart of helping
Volunteers bring courage, creativity, care
- Creative outreach: From innovations to old favorites
Congregations reach out with everything from balloon rides to door knocking
- Far-reaching harvest
From the Midwest to Malawi, Foods Resource Bank serves up food and dignity
- How healthy are our pastors?
Report reveals church leaders have above average stress, weight gain and depression
- Kiss of kindness
Congregation's gifts are 'a picture of grace'
- 'Young man' Rivers keeps singing
- 'People's hearts were open'
- Acting on forgiveness
S.D. congregation turns tragedy into renewed zeal to reach out
- 'We are better together'
Nurturing real community in Christ
- 4 ways congregations can respond
- Who's not coming to church
- New life for ex-offenders
A St. Louis program connects them with the community
Blogs by Cindy Novak: (Read All)
- Lenoir-Rhyne receives $5.1 million gift
- An unlikely merger
- What can we learn from Japan?
- New Orleans crime victim
- Action by Churches Together assists Somalians in Gedo region
- Who really cares?
- Happy New Year!
- Merry Christmas!
- Making a difference one animal at a time
- Reaching out to suburban poor
- For the voiceless
- Advent in April?
- St. Olaf College ranks No. 1 in number of students who study abroad
- Men's Fitness: ELCA schools among "fittest"
- Lutheran-Orthodox statement adopted
- Augustana College receives $1.7 million grant
- Thiel College receives $1.8 million grant
- ELCA scholars comment on 'intelligent design'