I've worked at The Lutheran magazine for eleven years. I manage this website, art-direct The Little Lutheran, and serve on the art team for The Lutheran. I also manage the websites for The Little Lutheran and The Little Christian.
I also do occasional reporting for The Lutheran. International reporting trips have taken me to Jerusalem, Ramallah, Barcelona, Cairo, Beirut and a tiny village outside Madang, Papua New Guinea.
I earned degrees in magazine journalism and religious studies from the University of Missouri-Columbia. Before I joined the staff of The Lutheran I worked at the Chicago Tribune and The Wheaton [Ill.] Sun.
I enjoy working out, backpacking, reading (fiction, biographies, theology), lost-wax casting and cooking.
Articles by Amber Leberman:
- Beyond technology
Mission-inspired strategies make social media manageable
- We've relaunched
The Lutheran's website has a fresh look.
- A backpacker's psalm
- Greeting the new year less anxiously
- How Tweet it was
The 2009 Churchwide Assembly — in 140 characters
- Reconnection and reconciliation on Facebook
- Papua New Guinea's dynamite women
Jesus' encounter with the Samaritan woman inspires Lutherans to challenge their cultures
- On goldfish
- An oasis in Cairo
Ministry provides opportunities for Sudanese refugees
- Praying for strength
Contact and Resource Center helps people with disabilities after war in Lebanon
- "Whoever has two coats ..."
- Future tax resolution for Augusta Victoria?
- Palestinian financial crisis affects hospital, schools
- And the envelope goes to ...
The Lutheran picks 13 winners in church Web site contest
- Funding crisis a danger for LWF hospital in Jerusalem
- A poem for Maundy Thursday
- Infinite doubt, infinite hope
- Checking the vitals of Churchwide Assembly attendees
- A benediction for Emlyn
- 'It's a mystery'
Peace & war bookend Bible translation
- Playing dead on Wednesdays
- Music for waiting
- Feeding the 3,000
Sikhs serve up an 'ethic of care' with langar, free lunch
- The communion of saints
We celebrate the living and the dead
- The edge of mission
What does it mean to be a Lutheran in a world of religions?
- No such thing as bad rain
A figure of speech and a lesson during a rainstorm in Ramallah
- Methodists face separation, affirm unity
- Spiritual gifts and the Giver
Discovering our gifts helps us learn 'God really knows who we are'
- Skills to weather 'rainy' days
Palestinian students learn skilled trades at Lutheran vocational school
- Changing neighborhood
- Avoiding the dark area of frustration
Palestinian students at Lutheran schools persevere despite the challenges of West Bank occupation
- Calling home to Baghdad
- The hills are alive
- Seeing Christ in the children
Making peace in families means fighting the wars against poverty, violence and racism
- Islamic short course
A look at what Muslims believe
- 'God's agent, disguised as a hairdresser'
- How is your faith today?
- Giving and forgiving
Synods help indebted congregations expand their missions
- ELCA continues support of Million Mom March
- Presbyterian court upholds same-sex unions
Blogs by Amber Leberman: (Read All)
- ELCA publications win ACP awards
- ELCA publications win awards
- Learning from moose
- Task force requests scenarios for ELCA's future
- Backsliding in Scranton
- I did it!
- The moment of truth
- Weekend eating
- Busy hands and a prayerful mind
- My indulgences
- Making changes
- ELCA releases draft statement on genetics
- Close as it gets, times two
- Getting ready for assembly
- Youth Gathering makes front page in New Orleans
- Going meta
- Let's get those cameras rolling
- A dose of reality
- Giving thanks for grandmas (and grandpas)
- If you ever find yourself ...
- Little magazine, big thanks
- Here we come!
- Wartburg College's "concerns about debt" in Chronicle of Higher Education
- Hey you! Nice shoes!
- What's in a (domain) name?
- ELCA Conference of Bishops issues "Pastoral Word" in response to "Human Sexuality: Gift and Trust"
- Why do you subscribe?
- I heard it on Twitter
- Memorial services planned for Marshall
- Half a brick?
- I got to listen
- A bedtime blog
- Why blog?
- Get out the vote
- New on the Web
- North Dakota: Laura Bush visits ELCA congregation
- Designer church?
- Favorite synod Web sites
- Props to Roanoke
- New online
- Mental fitness
- The Lutheran takes home awards from Associated Church Press ceremony
- Children's favorites
- Associated Press: CNN founder joins Lutherans and Methodists to fight malaria
- Holy Week
- Singled out
- Keeping it green