Bob Sitze is a former ELCA staff member in the ministries of hunger education, Christian education, stewardship education and family life. An experienced ecclesiological observer, Sitze brings to this blog more than 40 years of wide-ranging experience as a congregational leader and denominational executive. He is the author of Starting Simple: Conversations About the Way We Live (Alban 2007).
Articles by Bob Sitze:
- Hope at work
Congregation-based organizing offers a different way of ‘doing church’
- Next steps: Gather resources
- Inner Work
- No complaints
- Simple Advent devotions
- No stale bread
- Who's left standing?
- If you're like me
It really is "your money or your life"
- First Lutheran seeks what should be first
Since the closing of the town's largest employer, members have learned to focus on discipleship and mission
Blogs by Bob Sitze: (Read All)
- Simplicity's children: Shared hobbies
- Simple words: Kerfuffle
- Simple congregations: Sports sloganeering
- Simple enough: Gracing customer surveys
- Simple things: Shoes
- Simple enough: Let it alone
- Simplicity's children: Dealing with FOMO
- Simple enough: People analytics down at church
- Simple enough: Lifestyle exemplars
- Simple enough: The cost of redemption (Part 2)
- Simple enough: The cost of redemption (Part 1)
- Simple words: Redemption
- Simple congregation: Prayer writing as worship preparation
- Simple things: Paper
- Simple enough: Praying the context
- Simple enough: A bandwagon is coming your way
- Simple words: Hormesis
- Simplicity's children: Nothing new
- Simple enough: TV glut
- Simple enough: Relishing the small stuff
- Simple congregations: The no-program church (Repeat)
- Simple congregations: The simpler pastor (Repeat)
- Simple things: Garden tools
- Simple enough: Simple upgrades?
- Simple congregations: The no-program church
- Simple words: Quotidian
- Simple enough: Talking with Jesus
- Simple enough: A redeeming life
- Simplicity's children: The unstructured summer
- Simple words: Mansplaining
- Simple enough: Distilling
- Simple enough: Evoking profound memories
- Simple enough: Connecting to your legacy
- Simple things: Glass
- Simple words: Finicky
- Simple enough: Sale!
- Simple enough: Freedom for what?
- Simple enough: Extra time coming soon!
- Simplicity's children: Allowances redux
- Simple enough: Simple flow
- Simple words: Comeuppance
- Simple enough: A life of little kindnesses
- Simple enough: One person's lint
- Simple things: Soil
- Simple congregations: Whither topical preaching
- Simple enough: Unspoken and invisible
- Simple words: Reverie
- Simple enough: An economical solution
- Simplicity's children: 'The Conversation(s)'
- Simple enough: Simple integrity