Bob Sitze is a former ELCA staff member in the ministries of hunger education, Christian education, stewardship education and family life. An experienced ecclesiological observer, Sitze brings to this blog more than 40 years of wide-ranging experience as a congregational leader and denominational executive. He is the author of Starting Simple: Conversations About the Way We Live (Alban 2007).
Articles by Bob Sitze:
- Next steps: Gather resources
- Hope at work
Congregation-based organizing offers a different way of ‘doing church’
- Inner Work
- No complaints
- Simple Advent devotions
- No stale bread
- Who's left standing?
- First Lutheran seeks what should be first
Since the closing of the town's largest employer, members have learned to focus on discipleship and mission
- If you're like me
It really is "your money or your life"
Blogs by Bob Sitze: (Read All)
- Simple enough: Six simple things to say now
- Simple congregations: Respite centers
- Simple enough: Get off my back
- Simple enough: Playing with the big kids
- Simple enough: Lifestyle of the poor and faithful
- Simple enough: Another funeral, another chance
- Simple enough: The sword of Damocles
- Simple Seasonal Blessing
- Ready to return?
- Ready to rejoice?
- Ready to refuse?
- Ready to restore?
- Ready to rest?
- Ready to rust?
- Ready to reveal?
- Ready to remain?
- Ready to resist?
- Ready to ramble?
- Ready to rescue?
- Ready to roar?
- Ready to root?
- Ready to rage?
- Ready to recover?
- Ready to rouse?
- Ready to repent?
- Ready to reap?
- Ready to run?
- Ready to rumble?
- Ready to rock and roll?
- Advent blogs start tomorrow
- Simple enough: Thanks a lot... No, really!
- Simple enough: Tightly-coupled system
- Advent Blogs Coming
- Simple enough: News flash
- Special Advent Blogs
- Simple enough: Simplicity slang
- Simple congregations: Slow is beautiful
- Simple enough: How hard can that be?
- Simple enough: Getting it
- Simple enough: Simplicity fatigue
- Simple enough: Click here
- Simple enough: Simplicity saints unknown
- Simple enough: Shifts
- Simple congregations: Fledgling care, Part 2
- Simple enough: Writer's demons
- Simple enough: Gut-brained people
- Simple things: The shovel
- Simple congregations: Fledgling Care Part 1
- Simple enough: Noticing