Bob Sitze is a former ELCA staff member in the ministries of hunger education, Christian education, stewardship education and family life. An experienced ecclesiological observer, Sitze brings to this blog more than 40 years of wide-ranging experience as a congregational leader and denominational executive. He is the author of Starting Simple: Conversations About the Way We Live (Alban 2007).
Articles by Bob Sitze:
- Hope at work
Congregation-based organizing offers a different way of ‘doing church’
- Next steps: Gather resources
- Inner Work
- No complaints
- Simple Advent devotions
- No stale bread
- Who's left standing?
- First Lutheran seeks what should be first
Since the closing of the town's largest employer, members have learned to focus on discipleship and mission
- If you're like me
It really is "your money or your life"
Blogs by Bob Sitze: (Read All)
- Simple enough: Mindless exultation?
- Simple enough: Time for hard choices?
- Simple things: Hats
- Simple words: Hysteria
- Simple enough: Protective workplace talismans
- Simple congregations: Writing together with Spirit
- Simple congregations: Between now and then
- Simple congregations: Disaster preparedness (Repeat)
- Simple enough: Hands up!
- Simplicity's children: Historical love letters
- Simple enough: Hiding behind minutia?
- Simple words: Maverick
- Simple congregations: The unexamined life
- Simple enough: Quit your complaining
- Simple enough: Don't let your craziness get you down
- Simple things: A radio
- Simple enough: Can you be stupid and live simply?
- Simple enough: A new simple living metaphor?
- Simplicity's children: Trophy children?
- Simple enough: The lies bubbles tell us
- Simple words: Hucksters
- Simple enough: If you sense something, say something
- Simple enough: Whose birthday WAS it, anyway?
- Simple congregations: Your verbal identity, Part 2
- Simple congregations: Your verbal identity, Part 1
- Simple words: Fiasco
- Simple things: Locks and other fasteners
- Simple enough: The Great Disruption
- Simple enough: Terror management
- Simple enough: I don't care that I don't know
- Simple enough: The holy refugees
- Simple enough: A time to be quiet
- Simple words: Gobbledygook
- Simple enough: A little bit mystical
- Simple enough: Begging your pardon
- Simplicity's children: Dumbing down your children
- Simple enough: Too many anomalies
- Simple congregations: Desperation that's tangible
- Advent Special Feature (Repeat)
- Simple enough: Mortal thanks (Repeat)
- Simple things: Rope
- Simple words: Intimacy
- Simplicity's children: Best friends forever
- Simple enough: The Law of Unintended Drones
- Simple enough: Mortal thanks
- Simple enough: More magic thoughts
- Simple words: Mother Carey's Chickens
- Simple congregations: Longevity
- Simple enough: No (Reformation) choice
- Simplicity's children: Shared hobbies