Charles M. Austin
Austin is a retired ELCA pastor and a long-time reporter for secular and religious publications.
Articles by Charles M. Austin:
- Reformation observance
500th anniversary about positive contributions, not brokenness
- A work in progress
Days of quick, smooth calls swept away by several factors
- Questions for calling congregations
Evaluate mission, finances and culture
Similar changes are taking place in other denominations
- LWF addresses past with eyes on future
Assembly elects Palestinian as president, Chilean as general secretary
- LWF Assembly facts
Plus: Outgoing LWF president receives foot-washing tub from president of Mennonite World Conference
- LWF selects treasurer, vice presidents
Plus: Greetings from the Vatican
- Lutherland today
Journeying to Germany's historic sites
- Eisleben festival to recall Luther's baptism and ours
Church where Luther was baptized wants 525 congregations to participate in baptism festival
- Less connected
- Large membership congregations
- Connections up and down the church
Are we connected at all levels of the ELCA? If not, why not and what can we do?
- The "new" Lutheran church at 20
- Responses to human sexuality study lag
- More than just 'preacher factories'
ELCA seminaries provide traditional Lutheran theological education & prepare students for tomorrow's church
- 'We have to take the church to them'
When ships come into port, chaplains are there to greet the crews
- A prescription for caring
N.J. congregation starts coalition to help people access medicine
- ELCA members, others lobby Congress for host of causes
Some question 'liberal' activities
- Praying with the saints
New York congregation develops a complete prayer book 'by and for the church'
- Episcopalians say 'yes' to Concordat
In August the ELCA is/was to act on the proposal, completeing 30 years of dialogue
- 10 ways to improve your pastor's sermons
A sermon is enhanced or diminished by the way you listen to it
- Computing God's word
Software packages make your computer a powerful tool for understanding the Bible
- A time for unity?
1997 will bring critical ecumenical proposals that, if adopted, will reshape the ELCA's next century
- The necessary father
There's a crisis facing our national family: How to make room for Dad
Blogs by Charles M. Austin: (Read All)